Played the wii!!

yuzi87

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2006
well i finally played the wii at birmingham bullring shopping centre today:smilewinkgrin: ,
they had four setups, wii sports, rayman, zelda and trauma centre. most of them hosted by fit wii women:ciappa:

i got there early and i was 3rd in line for zelda that line soon grew to about 50-60 people,:yikes:

i played zelda first it was the demo level with fire boss, after frustratingly watching some guy throwing gale boomerang at wind turbines for ages not realising u did it in a certain order it was my go,

i got straight into it, aiming took getting used to but i was soon killing with pin point accuracy slashing by slashing with the wii remote feels good and is much better than pressing a button, the graphics look really great and sharp,

i then played trauma center i did the operation very quick and found it easy not my kind of game really,

i then played 4 player tennis(wii sports) me and my mate vs some american dad and his son, it was really fun with your hand movements being copied on screen, sometimes the ball went of akward but i think that was my fault holding it wrong,

i then qued up for rayman which looked really fun, and as i was queing the game stopped working, so the technical guy came with a brief case and removed a panel at the bottom of wii stand where there were wires plugs and...... another wii,

i thought to myself wtf why they got a wii underneath and theres a powered up wii on display all plugged in, then i guessed that because the wiis blue disk slot light doesnt glow when a disk is in it they plugged a wii with no game in it at the top so people could see how cool it looks, but the wii that had the disks in was hidden below but people would never know,

i also noticed the rayman game was a copied disk? and in his briefcase he had a black wii, anyway he ended up putting on excite truck which i really wanted to play.

excite truck was really fun took a while to get used to but was great fun and looked great so i dont know why people are complaing bout the games graphics i think they did the job nicely

some guy was going crazy with his steering holding his hands above his head and spinning it round,..(think he was trying to pull of tricks his read about or summat)

all in all it was a great experiance and i cant wait to get mine on the 8th dec
u americans have fun tommoz this write up is mainly for us brits who have to wait, i know you'll discover yours tommorow have fun

p.s any questions bout games or the wii or anything just ask:idea:

That's funny how they had two Wiis... trying to show off the blue sexy light... WHICH SHOULD ALWAYS BE ON BTW! :nono:

Anyways... I wish I was their. I only got to play Excite Truck, and I wanted to play Zelda and Wii Sports

AmoebA said:
wow kinda strange a copied disc..i wonder why. and also a black Wii. thats awsome. but weird cause thought the wernt out.?

ye thats what i thought but then there must be some black wiis for us to have seen pictures of them,

the disk had the design of proper wii disks but had black pen writing on it,
hope this doesnt mean they can be copied easily although its good to get cheap even free games, its no good for publishers tho, who make the games for us to play

Last edited:
i agree i liked excite truck and am hoping to pick up a copy of the game seeing as it looks like alot of fun :) and wa alot of fun when i played it here at a gamestop..... i have to wait till 10am tomorrow to pick up my wii seeing as gamestop decided they arent doing a midnight launch.... wow i really wont be able to sleep tonight....

komio said:
i agree i liked excite truck and am hoping to pick up a copy of the game seeing as it looks like alot of fun :) and wa alot of fun when i played it here at a gamestop..... i have to wait till 10am tomorrow to pick up my wii seeing as gamestop decided they arent doing a midnight launch.... wow i really wont be able to sleep tonight....

n when u do go sleep its only for a few hours at a time n you keep waking up n checking clock to only realise its been an hour since u went bed i hate waiting!!!!!

SuStinance said:
The black wii seems like a developer wii, it's probably just a trouble shooting device.

no cause he couldnt get the wii to work so he swapped the wii's around and loaded excite truck onto the black wii and from then on people played from it

Back