Please Help! "Cannot connect to EA servers"

CIvany

E7 BABY!
Jul 19, 2011
Morden, Manitoba, Canada
Wii Online Code
9876-5432-1234-5678
This message keeps coming up everytime I try to update my rosters in my new NHL Slapshot game. I've contacted EA about it, and they said it was my Wii settings. Ideas? I would really like to update my rosters!

Is there a better thread to ask this?

There aren't really a busload of NHL gamers here, so... can't say there is, sorry.

So, EA told you to "fix" your Wii settings, but not how? That's real good customer service. =/ The bigots. Can't say I've played a single NHL game either, but there's some general know-how that could solve this problem. Is your Wii Connect 24 off? There're very few times where this is necessary at all for a game, but turning it on might help.

Did you hack your Wii or the game data itself? If you did, the servers might prevent you from connecting period. Nintendo's terrible at hack checks, but sometimes more obvious cheats, especially game save modification, can get ya caught.

You can use the internet with your other Wii games and/or the Wii's internet channel, right?

I have not the know-how to hack anything, so that's a "no". But a big "yes" to being able to play online and go online with my Wii channels. Also a "yes" to my connect24 being on. So I have no idea why I cannot connect with the EA servers. And like you said, some great help they are! Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll keep bugging them about it. Maybe they will fix the problem. Who knows??

Back