please help with my wii

Elmaxo13

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
ok i came home from school today and i looked at my wii. but something wasnt right. the power button is usually orange i believe when off. well it is red now please help

That what the power button looks like in off state. the led is orange in stby state. usually its because of a power outage, or if you have unplugged it.

Green = on

orange = stand by = wii connect 24/7 is on

red = off

yup you guys were right thank you so much. i was so scared

I don't think the Wii will go to red just because it's not connected to Wiiconnect24, after all, whenever I go to my dads (no wireless access point), or to my friend's house (WEP protected wireless access point, I don't know the code), I still get an orange light, and there is no connection to WC24 at all

The only thing that could cause this that I can think of is somebody held down the power button until it went to red, somebody unplugged the Wii, or the power went out, i'm thinking your power went out

to paintba||er, I thought that the red light meant off but plugged in, is there a way to keep the Wii plugged in and have it totally off?

gamechaser001 said:
I don't think the Wii will go to red just because it's not connected to Wiiconnect24, after all, whenever I go to my dads (no wireless access point), or to my friend's house (WEP protected wireless access point, I don't know the code), I still get an orange light, and there is no connection to WC24 at all

The only thing that could cause this that I can think of is somebody held down the power button until it went to red, somebody unplugged the Wii, or the power went out, i'm thinking your power went out

to paintba||er, I thought that the red light meant off but plugged in, is there a way to keep the Wii plugged in and have it totally off?
Standby is the closest you can get to turning it off while still having it pluged in. I am 98% sure that orange is WiiConnect24. If you hold the power down, unplug it, or the power goes out then WiiConnect24 will be disconnected and the light will turn red.

paintba||er said:

Standby is the closest you can get to turning it off while still having it pluged in. I am 98% sure that orange is WiiConnect24. If you hold the power down, unplug it, or the power goes out then WiiConnect24 will be disconnected and the light will turn red.
That's what i thought, just wanted to be sure, and I agree, the orange light is linked into something with WC24, it needs to be orange for WC24 to work anyway

Back