Please help!!!

darkblade4

WiiChat Member
Aug 16, 2006
I've had my Wii for about 2 weeks now and now I occasionally get this message when I start it up: "The Wii System files are corrupted. Please refer to the Nintendo Wii Operations Manual." I then restart it and it works fine. The error mainly happens when I'm in the message board or just before the main menu loads up at the start. Is this a defective unit? Can an update (don't have wifi yet) fix the problem? Do I need to get a replacement unit? Does anyone else have this problem or have any advice?

PLEASE HELP!!!
thanks

darkblade4 said:
Please refer to the Nintendo Wii Operations Manual.

Did you do this? I don't know what the problem is...but I don't think they were just throwing you a line when they said to refer to the manual.

If you did check it, what did it say?

the wii operations manual didn't say anything about it nor did the support site

isn't there any other way because i don't wanna replace it, i have game saves on there and i can't live without it for a whole week!

I'd suggest you contact Nintendo. There really isn't anyone that can help you from these forums other than someone that has had the same problem and has resolved it. ;)

I can't be the only one on these forums. Surely someone else must have resolved this problem.

your not away for the system. Nintendo sends you a replacement console and you send them your old one back. As for your saves, get a sd card and transfer it over. If not who cares if you have to start again, at least you have a functional wii.

Cut your losses and rejoice with a newer, updated, and fully operational wii

OK i will probably end up getting a replacement (btw, how long does that take?) but wat if i updated it? Would that fix it?

Why won't you give it a try. Go over to a friends house who has a wireless internet and update and let us know.

I'm going over to a friends house soon but I'm only staying there for like 2 hours, will it finish updating by then (btw, this is in australia)?

but what about all those people who had to wait for like 3.5 hours because of busy servers? Is it still like that now?

I think those who waited that long just have a very bad connection or slow provider.

I got my Wii when it first came out and it took me a few mins to update. After that the other updates that came along also took only a few mins. These were done when everyone was claiming that the servers where busy. Everyone that I know of has gotten theirs updated in mins only. I think the longest took 10 mins.

k, thanks for the info. I'm taking it to a friends house and will tell you about what had happened once I get back.

Update to 2.0e. So far so good.

Back