Pokemon Gold/Silver to be remade!?

MetroidZ

Only took 4 years to get1
May 20, 2006
London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
Wii Online Code
1000-0000-0000-0000
000843.jpg
Adding it all together, a teaser by Japan's Pokémon Sunday TV program points to an announcement next weekend that Pokémon Gold and Silver will be remade.

The tease, offered this weekend, said simply that Pokémon Sunday would have a "world-exclusive first announcement," on May 10 during the program's Pokémon Game Arena segment.

Oh, but there's what you say, and then there's how you say it. Or, more importantly, where you say it. In this case, it was said underneath two gold and silver confetti-filled balls. (depicted). Hmmmmmm. HMMMMMMMM. What could that mean?

From Bulbanews: "It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops."

http://kotaku.com/5238119/pokemon-remakes-take-gold-silver

-

Will Nintendo actually listen for a change? This would be Godly.

this belongs in the Pokemon forums, or even the retro forums.

i would love a remake of them. i've only played crysral but it was great. remake the Johto games along with new stuff like the did with the Kanto games. that would be great

There running out of ideas

Now the remakes start again

Ya, Shadow is correct, this should be in the Diamond/Pearl sub forums.

But who gives a damn; this is an epic rumour. An official GSC remake would make me sob tears of joy. GSC were the best games of the entire pokemon series IMO, and I had such joyous times playing them. I own a working Gold and Crystal to this date. If this rumour turns out to be true, I'd be looking for to this quite a bit.

Gold and silver were EPIC!!! a remake would make them the best games ever ;)

Ya, Shadow is correct, this should be in the Diamond/Pearl sub forums.
They should be renamed
"The Pokemon section"
But who gives a damn; this is an epic rumour. An official GSC remake would make me sob tears of joy. GSC were the best games of the entire pokemon series IMO, and I had such joyous times playing them. I own a working Gold and Crystal to this date. If this rumour turns out to be true, I'd be looking for to this quite a bit.
I think I still have silver someware

I dont think ill buy the update tho

They should be renamed
"The Pokemon section"

Yes, yes it should be, or something along those lines. I doubt i0n would appear for something as small as a sub-forum renaming, though...

I think I still have silver someware

I dont think ill buy the update tho

I didn't think you've ever played a pokemon game, Prinny.

Only someone obsessed/never played the originals would buy the remakes, so... yeah. I bought Leaf Green (and eventually Fire Red, since it was stolen) since I'm a pokemon game maniac, after all.

I didn't think you've ever played a pokemon game, Prinny.
I was into it before it took over the UK (started with Red). But my interest died down long before the craze did

Only someone obsessed/never played the originals would buy the remakes, so... yeah. I bought Leaf Green (and eventually Fire Red, since it was stolen) since I'm a pokemon game maniac, after all.
Same here, Ck...

Since the Silver that I bought doesn't work, I must buy the remake (that AND what CK said, about being a Pokemon-game maniac)

OH MY ****ING GOD. IT'S CONFIRMED!

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2009/05/pokemon_heart_gold_and_soul_silver_officially_announced

No plans for international release my ass, I'm sure they'l release them outside of Japan. FR/LG sold well, didn't it? Besides, not a single RPG pokemon game wasn't released outside of Japan, Green not counting since we got the even better Blue version. :D

Whenever it does come out in english, I don't know which one to buy... I'll wait to see if there's any details on major differences between them.

I'll wait to see if there's any details on major differences between them.
The only differences will probably be Lugia, Ho-Oh, and some wild Pokemon (like in D/P)

Definetly getting Soul Silver just cause Lugia is one of my fav pokemon.
I was wondering when the were gonna remake those 2.
I still own the same Crystal version I bought the day it came out.

i wonder if they'll remake Crystal with them? they didn't for Yellow but then again Crystal is way better than G & S combined

They certainly aren't running out of ideas (... for pokemon species, very possibly, but beside the point), IMO. GSC remakes have simply been in large demand for nostalgic pokemon fans. They decided to listen for once, so yeah.

They also aren't the next generation games; so it's not like they're wasting an entire new type of pokemon game on them. They're still 4th gen.

You know, now that I think about it, it also makes sense that they'd make GSC remakes. They made FR/LG due to popular demand, after all. It'd make sense for GSC as well.

i wonder if they'll remake Crystal with them? they didn't for Yellow but then again Crystal is way better than G & S combined

I'm 99% sure they won't. As you said, they didn't have a remake of Yellow. Since they aren't the main games of the generation, there's little reason to make an extra game; incentive to buy it would be a bit lower, even though it'd still make profit.

Then again, it is possible. I'd say the main reason they didn't remake Yellow is because the version differences are so minor. Crystal varies itself more from GS than Yellow did from RB. It's still a very long shot, though.

Back