Pokemon Gold/Silver to be remade!?

Crystal... That is all.

I always wait for the megaversion. It's the way to spare your wallet.

@ Benny: Since there was a Celebi event in Crystal, it'd make sense to implement it into these remakes. Mainly because there's never been an in-game Celebi event in gen 3 and onwards before, and there's only been exclusive events (like the Journy Across America Tour, or whatever). The other "pixie" events (Mew, Jirachi, and Manaphy) all had more popularized events. Ofcourse, we won't know this until people can hack into the game; but it doesn't matter much either way. I've already got a 10 ANIV Celebi. :p

Since it's running off of Platinum's engine, they'l probably use a Poketch, or just a modified/upgraded one. They might even rename it as a pokegear; I'm not too sure, though. They'l definatly keep touch screen features for minigames (if any), battle, item menus, etc. I just hope they change the item menu a bit... I honestly didn't like it in DPP.

Crystal... That is all.

I always wait for the megaversion. It's the way to spare your wallet.

Crystal shouldn't be coming out as a remix, you know. The odds of that are so incredibly slim; they didn't do it for FR/LG since it's not the main game of the series, so I really doubt it.

If you think deeper, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky is the Platinum for PMD, though. So even though it's incredibly unlikely, I guess it's possible for a Crystal. I still really doubt it though, there wouldn't be much to add that'd be worth a third game.

Big hopes for its competitive side. since G/S was nearly double the gameplay of any others, theres a possibility of a lv.100 battle frontier. (with out lv restrictions) and realistic places to train for lv.80+ concidering when I beat G/S my pokes are always near lv.80 at the end. And with a much larger world, weekly and daily events would probably be vas.

I'm not sure where you're getting this Battle Frontier idea... that's completely unlikely, nearly impossible. They didn't do that for FR/LG after all, and we already have one for platinum.

I doubt there's going to be a special area with extremely high lv. wild pokes/trainer either, again, Platinum handles that. This idea is slightly possible, but highly doubtful too.

Last edited:
Nice you got a celebi. So do you think they will have events to get 1? I think they wont make them catchable which is good.
Yeah i agree with the item menu they over did it a bit i think, looks quite kiddy. Haha pokegear, thats a good name, they should use the touch screen for battle techniques and all that. I just hope they dont add any character's or anything like they did in Plat.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want Celebi catchable via event? That just gives everyone a better opportunity to complete their dex, rather than engage in costly trades (or atleast, more often than not).

Well, I do believe it was called a Pokegear back then. ... Or atleast I think, otherwise I've got no idea where I'd get that name from.

Really? You didn't enjoy the fact Looker and his badass theme was added in Platinum? :p

... Seriously though, his theme did kick ass.

Overdid? More like underdeveloped. :lol: It does look over the top, but the wheel is just impractible. If you could just normally scroll that fast, without the sometimes annoying wheel, I'd be much happier.

Because Celebi should stay quite rare.

The new ideas they put into platinum are brilliant, but DP arnt legendary like GS. Which is way they shouldn't change it. It worked, leave it alone.

Eh. All Celebi event pokes will still retain their normal rareness, a certain event ID will always have the same amount of rareness, and can only go up. An in-game Celebi (which I don't recommend, I recommend an in-game EVENT Celebi) just wouldn't be that rare. Celebi's overall rareness goes down, yes, but my point is that our rare event Celebi's are still quite valuable.

Hm... I see your point, I wouldn't want my beloved GS to change much. I don't want the storyline changing, but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to introduce new characters, just as long as they don't have a major tie/are important in with the plot. Mainly to unlock new features, items, etc.

But aside from the Storyline and the actual GS landscape, I wouldn't mind if they changed things for the better. As long as it gets better. :p

Also, just for sake of mention... What if they don't include Kanto in the GS games? The chances are really low, considering we already have a FR/LG remake. It's possible, but... I'm really not liking the odds of this. I just hope we get details soon, the thought of not having the epic GS Kanto in the game gets me a bit unnvered. =/

unnvered? it prepares me to get a gun :p

ahah ill be quite about the Celebi stuff, your knowledge is much superior then mine.

Oh yeah im fine with adding new chara's for items unlocks, new features?, i just hope there not drastic and change the feeling of the game. I cant really remember the game all that much, about from how good it was, so for me, changing landscape would be a disappointment. Would you really call it a remake without Kento?

What do u think about adding end game content (as in after the 4 noobs)?
Still undecided on that.

Well, FR/LG didn't have the same feeling as the original; I doubt this remake will as well. Still, it's GSC for a reason; it's epic. While nothing can replicate those good times with the 2nd gen games, I'm still very confident it'l bring back good memories, and create some more.

Well, it's a remake with Kanto or not; but without Kanto is ****ing terrible. That's just a horrid choice to make for the developers, Kanto is the ultimate pokemon fanservice for all who've played the 2nd Gen games, and especially those who've been with pokemon since the beginning, such as myself. I personally say Kanto is 99% mandatory for this game to be epic. Otherwise it just wouldn't feel the same...

I'm all for post-story content, even if it's drastically different from the regular GSC goodness. I doubt we'll get a Battle Frontier or anything that major, but we'll probably get a good amount of stuff. If we get Kanto too though, it makes me wonder if the development staff will be lazy on it and not give us extra content, such as the Sevii Islands... We can only hope.

In short, I'd certainly love new, important content post-story.

FireRed and LeafGreen.
They made only remakes of Red and Green, not Blue or Yellow.

After the originals all Pokemons have had a megagame and have been released in the standard set of three excluding the remakes of the originals which was really just a way to bring Green to the States(anyone who bought FireRed only, was a moron) and bring Nintendo's Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's GBA upload gambit to ALMOST full circle. Heart and Soul complete this gambit by bringing the other missing Pokemon in.

The megagames:
Yellow(Gimmicky imo, nobody likes the anime anymore anyways)
Crystal
Emerald
Platinum

Mmmm... Anyways I kinda fell out of the loop after the first gen remakes. THEY ONLY LEFT IT HALF DONE!!

Last edited:
FireRed and LeafGreen.

Yes I know this, but the originals are very tricky. They made only remakes of Red and Green, not Blue or Yellow.

After the originals all Pokemons have had a megagame and have been released in the standard set of three excluding the remakes of the originals which was really just a way to bring Green to the States(anyone who bought FireRed was a moron) and bring Nintendo's Diamond, Pearl and Platinum's GBA upload gambit to ALMOST full circle. Heart and Soul complete this gambit by bringing the other missing Pokemon in.

The megagames:
Yellow(Gimmicky imo, nobody likes the anime anymore anyways)
Crystal
Emerald
Platinum

Er... Green wasn't any different from Red you know; besides crappier graphics and different catchable pokemon. On that topic, we only got Blue (which is slightly better than Red :p) because Green would sell terribly compared to Red.

ALSO, that brings up the topic that Japan never got Yellow. For once, the US got better things than Japan, revolving around japanese gaming.

Anyways... There aren't any missing pokemon, all pokes are obtainable when counting the 3rd and 4th generations as being playable. HG (Heart Gold) and SS (Soul Silver) are simply ways to make money/fanservice for pokemon fans, since they've been demanding it for so long.

I'm not sure what you're implying? >.>;

For me, no Kento, no remake.

Id have a little think about it and

It all depends on the release date for me.
Platinum will keep me quite entertained on a pokemon level for quite a while, so if this remakes not going to take ages, then keep it the same.
But, if the remake is going to take awhile, then yeah i guess, change it around. The base storyline shouldn't be touched for both cases. If the remake isn't that long away, adding a chara's that don't interfere with the base story line is alright. I guess that what they could do is keep the old plot, and maybe add another 1 aswell, so our chara is doing both at the same time, BUT THEY SHOULDN'T IN TWINE WITH EACH OTHER.

Back