Pokemon Gold/Silver to be remade!?

Heh, it was more of a sleepy note to myself. Trying to sort out my old Pokemon knowledge.

With HG and SS you can have all Pokes on one cartridge.

Green wasn't worse than Red originally. They were the same... I think. It's hard to remember.

In Japan it was Red and Green. Both fairly equal. Blue came along a few months later to Japan as their special edition. Two years later, America took Red and Blue as their main two and made, the newly released in Japan, Yellow version their one special edition. From there the Trio became something of a staple for Pokemon.

FireRed and LeafGreen is a remake of only half of the originals. There was no special edition for those because it was the first time Green went stateside(sort of) and a special edition wold have been confusing and a waste of money.

I'm trying to say that 1st gen is not as comparable to 2nd as you say in the most convoluted manner, because... I'm bloody tired. Interestingly enough, I hated Yellow.

Well, the release date for Japan is fall '09, so the US should be getting it '10. Europe and friends should be getting it late '10 as well, so there's atleast a solid year and more to come until it's released outside of japan. The game's probably in it's last few stages by now, so if a Kanto region exists in the game already, then it's definatly there. If not, there's no chance for it. All we can do it wait for news, really.

EDIT:

Green wasn't worse than Red originally. They were the same... I think. It's hard to remember.

Oh trust me, it was. The graphics were worse, although that's the only big part that seperated it from Red. Basically the game was lower quality. I've seen a few comparisons to the graphics; green was terrible compared to Red, lol.

Basically, what you said is a longer take on what I stated. >.>

Last edited:
Wow thats a long time, 1 and a half years for 'friends of Europe'.
Yeah i guess thats pretty much it, time to play the waiting game.

Well, the release date for Japan is fall '09, so the US should be getting it '10. Europe and friends should be getting it late '10 as well, so there's atleast a solid year and more to come until it's released outside of japan. The game's probably in it's last few stages by now, so if a Kanto region exists in the game already, then it's definatly there. If not, there's no chance for it. All we can do it wait for news, really.

EDIT:

Oh trust me, it was. The graphics were worse, although that's the only big part that seperated it from Red. Basically the game was lower quality. I've seen a few comparisons to the graphics; green was terrible compared to Red, lol.

Basically, what you said is a longer take on what I stated. >.>

Bah, I'm tired. Need to take my meds soon. Then get up and get my ear drops three hours after that.

Okay Bulbapedia says:
Pocket Monsters Red (Japanese: ポケットモンスター 赤) and Pocket Monsters Green (Japanese: ポケットモンスター 緑) were the first-ever Pokémon games to be released to the public, in Japan on February 27, 1996. Introducing the main gameplay concepts that went on to provide the standard from games in the main series, the games were eventually translated and released worldwide as Pokémon Red and Blue Versions. Much as would become standard, Red and Green were later joined by third version Blue, which slightly improved upon their features, and eventually Pocket Monsters Pikachu, a fourth version based on the Pokémon anime.

Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version were the first Pokémon games to see release outside of Japan, becoming available in North America on September 1, 1998, and thus being the first Pokémon media to hit the international market. The pair were followed closely after their release by the Pokémon anime, which began airing less than a week later, and within a year, Pokémon was well-known as a popular Nintendo franchise, with a third version, Pokémon Yellow, on the way.

Unlike later generations, Red and Blue were not the same as they were in their Japanese releases. Japan had gotten their first pair of Pokémon games as Red and Green, which in all aspects were the same as Red and Blue with the exception of sprite design. When preparing the games for their English release, it was decided that Red and Green would be merged with Japan's already-released third version, Blue, for its improved graphics and sound.

There. Japanese Red and Japanese Green were equal. American Red and Japanese Green were not. I knew I was on to something! Yeah, I didn't have a clue.

God, this was confusing! Sorry it's long. Sleep.

Last edited:
I don't believe Japanese Red was different from American Red? That's not what I've heard, anyways.

Red and Green are different though, as said they had different sprite graphics. Green was worse. That was my point. :p

I think it makes the most sense. Since Red and Green were released at the same time in Japan. For the American release they were updated with Blue's new sprite engine. Green was renamed to Blue in the Americas.

Well, I'm not interested in solving this so yeah, yay for HG and SS. You better bring Crystal in. It'd be an AFFRONT TO THE 2nd gen NOT TO DO SO!!!

Last edited:
I cant bealive there was already a thread for this. It should be in a diffrent section.

Im getting Soul Silver, since I like Lugia so much. And they absolutly need Kanto, since then it would be almost worse than the origional. Also, there needs to be a 4th Generation Kanto, and they cant just make another Kanto remake. The storyline should be changed a bit, add a new character or two, and give Lugia and Ho-oh a bigger role.

Crystal should not be remade, it would be so pointless.

I have one thing to post about Green's (and Japan's Red) sprites:
Spr_1g_107.png

^Does this not look like a Doduo taking a poop with a Togekiss pearing behind it?

Well looking back on G/S Id say theres a fair chance that there wont be a "poketech" but something fairly close. An updated version of the "Brick". For the ara it was made, version of a cell phone. More realisticaly like a poke Iphone.

@CK:I dont see why they wouldnt add an extremely high lv. area if they hava kahto in it. There lvs are higher than anyother game in storyline. It wouldnt be that hard to add an extra route after you beat red, to be 80+. Still even if nothing was added and it had the same lv basics as G/S, It would be the easiest game to train upper lv.

Spr_1g_107.png

^Does this not look like a Doduo taking a poop with a Togekiss pearing behind it?

Lol. [/immature]

@CK:I dont see why they wouldnt add an extremely high lv. area if they hava kahto in it. There lvs are higher than anyother game in storyline. It wouldnt be that hard to add an extra route after you beat red, to be 80+. Still even if nothing was added and it had the same lv basics as G/S, It would be the easiest game to train upper lv.

Hm... point taken. Since they'l be making the games from scratch, I can see why they'd do that. It's still an even chance whether or not they'l do that though, since in the old GSC the wild Kanto pokes were leveled as if you started in the Kanto region.

A route with lv. 80 pokemon... epic win. I do hope they'd do something like that, now.

Ya, Shadow is correct, this should be in the Diamond/Pearl sub forums.

But who gives a damn; this is an epic rumour. An official GSC remake would make me sob tears of joy. GSC were the best games of the entire pokemon series IMO, and I had such joyous times playing them. I own a working Gold and Crystal to this date. If this rumour turns out to be true, I'd be looking for to this quite a bit.

Post FTW
You forgot 2 talk about How Gold and Silver had actually 2 maps which made the Game much Longer and fun!
Plus when beating the whole game i loved how
You actually were able to fight ash!
i wished Diamond,Pearl or Platinum had that =[

I hope they add new Pokemon, it's what keeps me playing, I like to be surprised by some random Pokemon which then turns out to be badass.

I'm pretty sure they're add maybe 2-5 new evolutions or pre-evoultions for curent pokemon. Wouldn't be suprised to see a mr.mime and jynx evolution

I'm pretty sure they're add maybe 2-5 new evolutions or pre-evoultions for curent pokemon. Wouldn't be suprised to see a mr.mime and jynx evolution

Trust me, they won't. It's not programmed into DPP, which means it'd only work on those versions; that'd be a waste, really. It's not a main game either, so that definatly won't be happening IMO.

Post FTW
You forgot 2 talk about How Gold and Silver had actually 2 maps which made the Game much Longer and fun!
Plus when beating the whole game i loved how
You actually were able to fight ash!
i wished Diamond,Pearl or Platinum had that =[

That wasn't ash, as most people conceive. It's Red, from the Manga (and the main character of RB, not Y). Ash himself was based off of Red, you know. There's a reason his name's Red. :p [/pokenerd]

Back