Pokemon Platinum - Somewhat a letdown

Krunch

Krunch Member
Mar 13, 2009
Wii Online Code
6285-3589-1284-7233
Hey im a big pokemon fan, and therefore I bought the most recent version of pokemon, pokemon platinum. The reason after a while I am disappointed is that there is virtually nothing different from diamond. Now I know emerald was basically ruby/saphierre (sorry for the spelling) but at least it added a new things. (battle frontier and national dex) Sure platinum made new things but nothing extrodinaire.

What are your thoughts on it?:confused::confused::confused:

(only say your thoughts if you have beaten it, so you can't say stuff that you think is a big factor, when it really isn't)

Platinum has the wi-fi club, it has a new storyline bit, an entirely new area (although brief, fun while it lasted), it has another new Battle Frontier, there are new move tutors, the scenery and graphics have been very much redone (and for the better), there are plenty of new minor features such as the Battleground and the Resort Area, ... Diamond/Pearl compared to Platinum gained more than Ruby/Sapphire compared to Emerald. :p

Let's not forget new forms, a much larger Sinnoh Dex, and many more things and improvements.

Not disappointed with the game at all. :D

... In before Prinny complains about a pokemon thread in the wrong place. ;)

I actually planed on buying this one. That would have made it the first Pokemon game I've bought since Silver & Gold. But when I heard it didn't have any of the original Pokemon in it I quickly said, "**** it."

Seems I was misinformed. Still, no thanks. I want them all to be on it.

You can always trade online. There are plenty of people willing to trade, so I doubt you'll have a hard time finding what you want.

Pokemon has improved a lot since Gold and Silver, so I highly recommend getting Platinum!

Back