Poor Picture Quality with Wii during in game fog/mist.

Our 55" Rear projection did this with the standard Wii cables. I noticed it with Resi4, where there are kinda......scattered horizontal lines through the fog, and its kinda 'noisy' pixelated...only word I can use to describe it is hazy, but thats kinda the point...
With the official component cables i havent noticed it as much, but I think its still present, making me think its a limitation with the Wii.

Last edited:
I get it with mine too on my 52 DLP "projection" It will do it with any source, but the better the signal the less noticable it will be. 480-pops out bad, 1080-still there but not as bad.

Not that the bad effect is gone, in reality it's "shrunk down" because of the native screen resolution. The worst happens when im using SD in 4:3 and try to strech it to 16:9 on the t.v. Although thsi type of effect rarely pops up in games or movies so it's not the end of the world to me, I've learned to live with it.

The only thing I could think of is switching your component cables to a better brand. I never trusted Mad Catz, try the official Nintendo cables and see if the problem persist.

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I have not had a chance to get a pic of this up, but I will.

As for the idea of trying a different game....... Call of Duty looks amazing through HDMI on my Xbox 360 and PS3. You know when you throw a smoke bomb, this would be pixelated on my Wii. So I am not sure what the problem is, but nice to know others know what I am trying to say.

I am sure it is a limitation with console/game. I think that HDTV is beginning to spoil us all. Hell, when I was a kid, I was lucky to have a 19inch color TV in my room.:lol:

Anyways, I will try to follow up with a picture as soon as I can. My problem is that I have no internet right now, so I follow up with this thread at work.

FWIW, I have my component cables ran through a component video switcher. I tried running them straight to my TV just to see if it helped...... And it did not:wtf: So, I am sure it is not a connection problem. As I have said, I play in "Game Mode" and I have tried messing around with turning that ON and OFF and a few other settings in my TV, but no luck.....

-rockstar

One more thing......

Does anyone find it strange that these games RE4 and TP both seem to be fine on my GameCube games played through the Wii?

Back