Post your Wii Accessory Finds Here

WiiStiix said:
Hi All,

I bought the wii a few months ago, and I love it! My whole family plays with it. I thought wii sports and Tiger woods was cool, but something wasn't quite right. I realized that it could feel more like holding a bat or golf club. So I went out drew this image, got a patent(!) and now I'm trying to get it made in a factory!

Anyways, here's the pictures of the baseball bat (can't wait to get the Bigs!). I have baseball, golf and tennis rackets.

Let me know what you think? Cool? Stupid? Needs more work?

WiiStiix_v_0_53_whole_latch.jpg

and

WiiStiix_v_0_53_detail_latch.jpg

Thanks!

ooooh, I forgot to mention that the different handles can snap into the top part. So you can switch between baseball and tennis (or golf) in two secs.
wiimote sails across living room killing child...
:lol:
it's cool and all, but Murphy's law tells me to fear that and stay away from anyone that owns one. I'm not saying you don't know how to make a quality product, it's just that well I'd rather not even risk it. As much of a baseball nut I am, nah. I'd pass on it. If you made a red sox version of it with a red wiimote I might buy it as a novelty though, cuz well I'm a dork like that

Hehe. Yeah, that was priority number one for me as well. I have an LCD TV - and a small child - to keep out of harm's way. I also decided to do a rigid, but soft foam-y handle. The final product will have redundancies to prevent lasting injuries.

I'm in CT, so a Saux version is a good possibility!

is it actual wood?
is it made in china?
does it contain lead paint?
lol sorry to ask, but I've done some product development for CF goods and automotive parts in china, well, I am not dealing with that anymore lets just put it like that. At the time it was a bargain to do preliminary manufacturing in china, work out bugs, and then later move it to better facilities, it cut the cost of start up significantly.
if you have any questions about any of that fun stuff shoot me a pm.

I'm still not crazy over the idea of it just being on the top. I'd like it better if the bat enveloped the wiimote at the very top. the force of swinging a bat forces everything outwards, and I'd be weary about that.

Hi Robotnik,

The drawing is a bit misleading. The top is actually a hard plastic container that holds the wiimote in place. It's clipped in there with the two red thingies-It's not go anywhere. I'm going to changed the color of the WiiStiix holder in the drawing. Thanks for the awesome input!

oh, the bat doesn't envelope the whole thing b/c the bat comes off and you can attach different handle (golf club, tennis racket). Also, I was afraid of hiding the wiimote and blocking any button access or signals to sensor.

Here's a question for everyone: What color should it be? A light-ish blue?

How's this?:
WiiStiix_v_0_56_whole_latch.jpg

and
WiiStiix_v_0_56_detail_latch.jpg

Last edited:
Aristo said:
is it actual wood?
is it made in china?
does it contain lead paint?
lol sorry to ask, but I've done some product development for CF goods and automotive parts in china, well, I am not dealing with that anymore lets just put it like that. At the time it was a bargain to do preliminary manufacturing in china, work out bugs, and then later move it to better facilities, it cut the cost of start up significantly.
if you have any questions about any of that fun stuff shoot me a pm.

Hi Aristo,

The top part that holds the Wiimote will be plastic. I was originally going to go with a good, solid wooden louisville slugger, but it would have weighed too much and (since we're onto Murphy's Law) present a safety risk. I testing out a bat that is essentially a hardened Wiffle ball bat, but covered in this super-duper luxurious foam. It's sturdy, doesn't torque or bend, and won't kill anybody (unless your Jason Bourne). Also, it soaks up sweaty palms.

I like your idea about the prelim/debugging part in China. I would definitely like to hear more from you on that when you get the opp.

And what's the deal with lead paint in China? Didn't that stuff get outlawed decades ago??

WiiStiix said:
Hi Aristo,

The top part that holds the Wiimote will be plastic. I was originally going to go with a good, solid wooden louisville slugger, but it would have weighed too much and (since we're onto Murphy's Law) present a safety risk. I testing out a bat that is essentially a hardened Wiffle ball bat, but covered in this super-duper luxurious foam. It's sturdy, doesn't torque or bend, and won't kill anybody (unless your Jason Bourne). Also, it soaks up sweaty palms.

I like your idea about the prelim/debugging part in China. I would definitely like to hear more from you on that when you get the opp.

And what's the deal with lead paint in China? Didn't that stuff get outlawed decades ago??
I PM'd you, but I called my guy and asked if he knows anyone in plastics and the like.
I'm all about red for the holder, why not offer red, black, white, light blue, dark blue. that about covers all the baseball colors. don't make a bunch of prototypes in different colors, just get color samples, get the cheap "natural" plastic, ie nasty mixes of whatever to test with. Make it work before it's pretty

Last edited:
Aristo said:
hey does anyone have this one?
I really want one, and just wanted to know the quality and what not
thanks in advance
I have it and have reviewed it.

http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/review-wii-light-gun-65690.html

I have it for sale along with a bunch of other accessories I have reviewed. Trying to clear out products to make room for new reviewed accessories.

Its best to email me at dcemu.reviews [@] gmail.com, if anyone is interested in any of the products.

frankofwii said:
http://http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=TYW-1034&cat=GAM&cpc=JAD I posted this before but It's back and in stock. I bought one and highly reccomened it.

TYW-1034-unit.gif
Sorry to say but that doesnt even look like Penguin United's own product. The product above uses AAA batteries or Ni-mh or whatever batteries.

Penguin United uses its own batteries. Here is a link to their REAL Dual Wii REmote charging

http://penguinunited.com/proddetail.php?prod=PUWP011

I'll have to contact them and see if that is indeed their product.

ok ok let me get this straight, you want me to buy a used one for $19, over a new one for $13
ya :yesnod:...
...no :lol:

dcemureviews said:
I have it and have reviewed it.

http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/review-wii-light-gun-65690.html

I have it for sale along with a bunch of other accessories I have reviewed. Trying to clear out products to make room for new reviewed accessories.

Its best to email me at dcemu.reviews [@] gmail.com, if anyone is interested in any of the products.

I found a batry pack that goes over where you put in bats and it has a hole for resync it
And some covers for the wii mote and the numbchuck made my mad cats. and i **** a small hole so i could plug in the wii mote

Last edited:
Aristo said:
ok ok let me get this straight, you want me to buy a used one for $19, over a new one for $13
ya :yesnod:...
...no :lol:
Never said I was going to sell it for $19. That price is how much the site that is selling it (not mine) is selling it for. All I did was review the product. It would of been like $8 if I sold it which pretty much covers majority of the shipping.

Back