Pre-Order Online?

My friend called gamestop and they held a pre-order for him. The price he has to pay is $250 US. I think that is a Wii expensive (pun intended :) )

MP3 said:
My friend called gamestop and they held a pre-order for him. The price he has to pay is $250 US. I think that is a Wii expensive (pun intended :) )

This is kinda of strange that some GameStop stores can preorder the Wii, as your friend did and some can't I'm going to e-mail Gamestop customer service and ask them if you can pre-order the Wii. I will post their repsonse here.

leafweasel said:
On amazon.co.uk i have given them my email and when its avalible to pre-order they send you an email and its the same price if you were to wait untill its actuactly realeased. So i recomend going to Amazon. If you are in a different country from the U.K or the U.S serch for it on your browser.

Ok, I found it on the US Amazon site but I couldn't find a link where you can put your e-mail address to get notified when it is ready to be pre-ordered.

tryed my local stores (theres a few)
game: not yet
Gamestation: not untill we get a date for release (ps3 yes)
indi stores :dont know
ever ware else was a waste of time

Netman said:
I dont think that you will ever be able to pro-order online because you could give false info making the store hold it for a "fake" Person that would never pick it up/
EB's has a polocy that if you preorder, you must pick up within 48 hours of release, otherwise your oder is void (they pull the preorders from their existing stock, this was what caused problems with the 360, more preorders than stock).

I checked at the local EB and they said to check every month or so, you can preorder games now, but not systems until they know how many they will get.

I called the local gamestop in my town just two days ago and the people who work work there are really video game experts. Anyway they say that the wii will not be avalible to the public till at least late october - mid november with the pre -orders starting a month or so in advanced. But that retail markets just like game stop will be able to purchase bulk within late september - mid october.

Last edited:
anyway in my country i cant preorder it, so im going to call a cousin in the u.s.a and tell him to buy me one

Back