price cut?

jimbo

wii are cool!!!!!
Mar 13, 2007
glasgow,scotland
the 360 is still kinda out of my price range..so is there a chance there will be a price cut before june as it my b-day....if not i will still get it but just want to know

thanks

It isn't likely, because there was a price drop just a few months ago, but anything is possible.

I don't see a reason to drop price. The 360 price is fine, you can't expect it to drop as low as a Wii when you are getting far superior hardware.

T3kNi9e said:
I don't see a reason to drop price. The 360 price is fine, you can't expect it to drop as low as a Wii when you are getting far superior hardware.

i agree with that!!

I like that you mentioned hardware, because if you had said gameplay I would have had an issue with that. I think the 360 is definitely worth it at its current price, I would really like to upgrade to an elite, but that would require money I don't have.

i predict a small pricecut around mid 2009 i must say, 360 just had a recent priccut

zapasant93 said:
i predict a small pricecut around mid 2009 i must say, 360 just had a recent priccut
When they start using the new "Opus" and "Vahalla" internals the price should go down, so yea an '09 price cut sounds right, maybe even late '08.

My friend got one off craig's list for cheap, if you're willing to get a used one you could save some dough. Chance is it'll die and then you can send in for a replacement ;)

Skorp said:
My friend got one off craig's list for cheap, if you're willing to get a used one you could save some dough. Chance is it'll die and then you can send in for a replacement ;)
Haha, that may work, some people are just too lazy to send them in and would rather sell them so I mean you can find those.

blueovalboy7 said:
When they start using the new "Opus" and "Vahalla" internals the price should go down, so yea an '09 price cut sounds right, maybe even late '08.

how late we talking here?

cause you aoghta consider christmas?

will they keep the price high to get more money during christmas, or will they drop it to get more sales?

it can be a gamble

I think its possible that they do a slight price drop before christmas, but thats just a chance, there is no guarantee on that. Im just thinking strategically :p But after this "Opus" or "Valhalla" processors there's a very good chance they drop price then.

zapasant93 said:
how late we talking here?

cause you aoghta consider christmas?

will they keep the price high to get more money during christmas, or will they drop it to get more sales?

it can be a gamble
As long as they're still making a profit they can drop it however low they want, I just don't know their manufacturing costs, I know it's less than it was, but like mentioned before the Opus and Vahalla internals are supposedly going to be more reliable, cheaper, and faster so that should enable them to lower prices and still make a good profit. If they do drop it this year it will most likely be around the holidays so they can push more product.

Last edited:
Ok, so I don't usually research these things, but I was looking at some articles on the Opus and Vahalla chipsets and I saw a newer, less expensive chipset due to come out around August dubbed the Jasper chipset which will be sporting dual 65 nm cpu/gpu chips and thus easier to cool, cheaper to produce, and in turn should prove to be more reliable. So what I'm getting at is that we may see a price drop around that time, because they dropped the price when they introduced the Falcon chipset so it is likely that we will see another drop at the implementation of the Jasper set.

This is all based on the info I found, not sure how reliable it is. I'd suggest doing your own research to see if you can verify.

Back