PRO Evo Soccer Dribbling and Strategies?

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
So I just got Pro Evolution Soccer and have only played it for about an hour. My first impression is that its gone in the exact opposite direction that recent sports games have gone in. A pulled back view rather than an action view for example.

Anyway, Im still a bit confused about the dribbling. Can someone explain to me the correct way to use this. If the opponent is coming from my left should I press A to the right of my player to dribble right and deke around the opponent? I'm just using it somewhat randomly when the opponent is near, which seems to help, but I'm having a hell of a time developing a dribbling strategy.

If you have this game and want to mention anything about the gameplay go ahead.

I just send long balls from player to player until I find an open space to get a nice pass into a player in the penalty area. :yesnod:

I've been playing PES for 7 years now, and for every new version that comes out, I just go into free training and mess around, explore for at least half an hour. Get a hold of the controls, see what can be done, etc. Then I play a few simple matches with difficulty set low, try things out. It seems to work.

As for your dribbling question, you can either drag the player along with the cursor (you can make him run or sprint) or you can use the nunchuk joystick to just make him dribble at a normal speed. If you drag with cursor, you can also press left or right on the joystick to make him sidestep left or right, and pressing forwards will make him dribble with long steps, while pressing down will make him stop for a second. Just explore the controls a bit in training.

Also, you guys, go here and share your friend codes! The online for PES2008 is great fun!

Last edited:
Ahhhh I fully understand it now. Its very simple. I mostly use the drag now right before I set up a play.

Thanks

Back