problem with controller

LOL, i'm going to post anyways.

It is proven that hitting between the 1 and 3 (or 1 and 2 for lefties). Creates the most "pin action". Second best is "brooklyn" or hooking from right to left across the left face of the "pyramid" of pins. The worst practical way is to hit the head pin dead center, it creates way too many splits.

Eh, just hit it where we tell you, don't ask any questions, and watch your score rise.

It will take way too long for me to explain why exactly hooking it creates higher scores. The easiest way I can put it is that if you throw it dead straight and hit the ideal position (the middle pin and the pin to the right or left of it) the ball will deflect and certain pins are left standing 80% of the time. If the ball is hooking then the momentum will send more pins flying around ("pin action") and your chance of leaving any pins drops to 10-15%

Look for any bowling event on ESPN. EVERY professional bowler hooks the ball. If you can't catch one and you want to get out then go to your local bowling alley during a legitimate league night and just watch.

If you still have trouble believing me...just believe me. I have bowled for 8 years, worked in bowling alleys, attended numerous seminars, attended the most renowned bowling school in the world, along with numerous perfect games.

mitchwii2 said:
When i play bowling with my controller on Wiisports, it always goes left. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? i think its stuck, but i dunno

Practice, you will get better.

Age old tradition to blame the game for user error

Jorge said:
It will take way too long for me to explain why exactly hooking it creates higher scores. The easiest way I can put it is that if you throw it dead straight and hit the ideal position (the middle pin and the pin to the right or left of it) the ball will deflect and certain pins are left standing 80% of the time. If the ball is hooking then the momentum will send more pins flying around ("pin action") and your chance of leaving any pins drops to 10-15%

Look for any bowling event on ESPN. EVERY professional bowler hooks the ball. If you can't catch one and you want to get out then go to your local bowling alley during a legitimate league night and just watch.

If you still have trouble believing me...just believe me. I have bowled for 8 years, worked in bowling alleys, attended numerous seminars, attended the most renowned bowling school in the world, along with numerous perfect games.

I bowl for varsity right now....220ish average. What is the most renowned bowling school in the world?

Brawny said:
I bowl for varsity right now....220ish average. What is the most renowned bowling school in the world?
Kegel Training Center in Winter Haven, FL.

i've never played the game with somebody who hasn't thrown it left, oh except my mate Dave who has an electric hip, throws dead straight and top score is 11 so don't worry, just start right a bit and give it some beans...woopah

Jorge and Brawny - You should look back at my posts. I didnt say to never hook the ball.

My reply was "Score is based on the number of pins. Hooking or not has no factor."
I still stand by this. You may need to hook the ball to get a higher number of pins down in some cases while others need a straight shot. The angle of the ball has no effect on score calculation.

Ill make this simple to understand. If there are 2 pins standing and you knock them down with a straight ball the score will be the same as when you knock them down with a hook.

Either way the original poster asked why his ball ALWAYS goes left and you replied with "hooks are the bestzors"

Brawny said:
LOL!!! isn't kegal like sex exercise?
the Kegel muscle is known as the "sex muscle" but kegel is also the name the Scottish used to name the sport when bowling was created.

ciper said:
Jorge and Brawny - You should look back at my posts. I didnt say to never hook the ball.

My reply was "Score is based on the number of pins. Hooking or not has no factor."
I still stand by this. You may need to hook the ball to get a higher number of pins down in some cases while others need a straight shot. The angle of the ball has no effect on score calculation.

Ill make this simple to understand. If there are 2 pins standing and you knock them down with a straight ball the score will be the same as when you knock them down with a hook.

Either way the original poster asked why his ball ALWAYS goes left and you replied with "hooks are the bestzors"
No I did not say it was the best. The Wii Bowling robot throws it dead straight and can shoot 300 back to back to back. I simple stated that maybe he should move his bowler a little to the right to adjust to the ball hooking.

Jorge: Sorry for lumping you two together. I wont press the issue any further.

BTW I'm having a hell of a time hitting the bomb button on the practice round.

Back