problem with game cube games on wii

johnnychau

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2007
i start up the wii and the wii remote works fine, once i insert the game cube disc in the wii reads it and it still works fine, then i start up the gamecube game and the wii remote goes dead, i changed batteries and even changed to the second remote and it still does the same..... and ideas how to solve this problem?

it does that because the gamecube games dont use the wiimotes, they use the gamecube controller backwards capability. so bottomline, it uses the gamecube controller to play, not the wiimote.

hope that helped :)

johnnychau said:
i start up the wii and the wii remote works fine, once i insert the game cube disc in the wii reads it and it still works fine, then i start up the gamecube game and the wii remote goes dead, i changed batteries and even changed to the second remote and it still does the same..... and ideas how to solve this problem?
It's to save battery.

You don't use the Wiimote during GC games, so it is turned off to save battery power.

ya, what he said ^ plus what i said, and bam, you got your self an answere

can i plug gc controller into wiimotes for it to work or where can i plug gc controllers for it to work because it uses gc mics to play karaoke game( karaoke revolution party) ( needs mic to sing into)

johnnychau said:
can i plug gc controller into wiimotes for it to work or where can i plug gc controllers for it to work because it uses gc mics to play karaoke game( karaoke revolution party) ( needs mic to sing into)
You plug the GC controllers into the GC ports on the top of the Wii.

setupGCNcontroller.gif

there is a spot on your wii that is covered by a lid, take it off to reveal the gamecube controller and memory card slots, the microphone for your game should fit there

look at the link, it should explaine what your asking

Back