Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

question about hooking up component cables

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Norco21, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Norco21

Norco21 WiiChat Member

bought the component cables and was wondering best way to hook up the audio, normally i hook up all Audio/Video to the TV then i use the TV Audio Outs to my receiver, i was wondering when u do that does the pro logic signal from the wii still make it to the receiver or does the tv cut it out then its just i guess stereo that the tv puts out? be nce if still works that way, otherwise gotta buy extension cable to run straight to the receiver, i like the way i usually do it since i dont always use my stereo so i have the choice to just use the tv speakers, and if want my stereo just a matter of turning it on

2. sprinter

sprinter WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8622-4911-2881-8614
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    I run it the way you do, to the TV, everything from the TV thru the receiver... That's how every component I own is connected. TV speakers are never turned on, only the audio system.

3. Norco21

Norco21 WiiChat Member

appears for the wii that method works fine since wii only puts out dolby pro logic, if wanted say ps3 or xbox dolby digital 5.1 ud have to use a digital cable like optical or coaxial as the rca/composite cables arent able to handle those signal, from what i been reading anyway

4. wii fan 66

wii fan 66 WiiChat Member

Sympathy for you:O