Hooking up the wii with components and home theater

daaznmofo

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
i bought the component cable for the nintendo wii from play-asia.com and i want to hook up the tv (westinghouse 3213) to the home theater (onkyo - r320).
i dunno what i'm doing wrong. i plugged in all the components into the tv. now i have another audio cable (red/white) from the tv out to the receiver but i don't get any sound coming from the home theater, only the tv.
am i doing something wrong?
please help. specs of tv - http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=73

Try going direct from the Wii to the home theater audio in. It is always best to cut out the middleman when hooking up any electronics. The fewer the connections the better since there is less change of something getting misrouted. If you need a longer RCA cable just head over to Radio Shack and pick up a set of RCA extension cables. Plug the audio cables into those and then run those directly into the home theater. They shouldn't be too expensive.

the wires are way too short to do that. i'm not using rca, i'm using component.

i was thinking that. but are there any other solutions without buying anything?

read the manuals for your TV and home theater system and trouble shoot where you went wrong.

always remember to follow the signal from source (wii) to output (speakers). it is possible that your TV may not be set to output audio (you may need to go into settings and enable it), or maybe you just arent using the right settings on your home theater (you have it set to audio 1 instead of audio 2), or maybe it is something as simple as a cable not being properly plugged in.

i can use the rca jack thing you linked me into the component audio?
are the ends of the rca the same as component?

daaznmofo said:
i can use the rca jack thing you linked me into the component audio?
are the ends of the rca the same as component?

I already stated that the audio cables are RCA. There is no such thing as "component audio". The Component cable consists of 5 cables, 3 are video (RGB) which are component, and 2 are audio (red and white) which are RCA. The RCA extension cable I linked above will work just fine.

Dont buy anyhting its just setting on your TV or maybe your REceiver , Double check both.

While in all likelihood it is probably a settings issue it does not look like daaznmofo has been able to figure it out yet. The cable extensions allow him to bypass the TV altogether so he doesn't have to fry his brain trying to figure out what seems to be a simple settings issue.

Back