Question about The Online Serivce and WiFi?

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
Hello, I am wondering if I can use my own WIRED Router and my own USB To Ethernet Connector to get online with the upcoming Wii console. Here is a picture of my USB to Ethernet Connector and my wire:

10015874ja.jpg

10015880vw.jpg

10015915ab.jpg

10015959mh.jpg

Last edited:
I think so because I was reading a article and they said you can connect to your wireless lan or by using a usb cable.

I doubt it's support it. But the system already has an ethernet port i'm sure as they're discussing online play/downloads.

I think connecting the system through a usb cable, is directly through a pc, but I could be wrong.

tuned said:
I doubt it's support it. But the system already has an ethernet port i'm sure as they're discussing online play/downloads.

I think connecting the system through a usb cable, is directly through a pc, but I could be wrong.

I dont think it has a eithernet port. I looked at the system specs and it dont say anything about eithernet.

so to get online im gonna have to buy a whole WiFi System?

Thats BS they should just make a ethernet port, definantly more customers.
I'll still buy a Wii but thats a dissapointment.

You can use the adapter shown above for those of us who dont have wireless internet connection in our homes.

Last edited:
Jesse said:
You can use the adapter shown above of those of us who dont have wireless internet connection in our homes.

Ok thanks I thought you could but then I saw the other posts. I saw on the Nintend Wifi website that you could use their WiFi USB Connector, but I realized I already had one so I just wanted to make sure I could use my own and didn't have to buy another one.

Back