Question:having problems getting WII to send a good S-Video signal

DAVID123MOORE

WiiChat Member
Jun 6, 2007
I've just bought an S-Video Cable and connected it to my WII., But sadly all I get is a jumpy black-and-white screen.
My TV works fine with S-Video cables when connected via my DVD and Freeview Digital Receiver!
Is the fault to do with my WII, the Cable or TV?
[I've tried configuring the WII to send different Signals but no luck so far]

AZ_Wii_Tard, it looks like you are giving the same response to any questions in this forum.:shocked:

For the S-video problem, did you try switching back and forth between INPUT and TV mode? Which S-video cable are you using? I know some S-video cables for Wii (e.g. GameStop cable) have longer sleeve and thicker plug that does not plug in well. Try to push harder. I had problem to plug it into my AV switch box but it works fine on my Sony projector. Anyway, the difference between S-video and composite is rather small.

Last edited:
To an extent yes I am posting the same link. But some are specific to the problem people ask. The online help area on Nintendo's website is very helpful and probably would answer 95% of all problems people are having with there Wii or accessories. Do a search before you post problems that most likly have been posted before.

Did you find anything regarding this S-video problem there? I don't.

Last edited:
there is a section on hooking up component cable and a step by step how to on setting everything up. Check it out. I have found many good things about the Wii that I did not know. If you don't find anything that helps there, contact Nintendo. By the way is your s-video cable a Nintendo Brand Cable or 3rd party?

Find a way to connect the luma pin on the svideo cable to a composite input (don't forget the sheild too) and it should work in black and white to verify the signal is clean

Back