Question: Wii Memory

WiiKyle

WiiChat Member
Oct 13, 2006
i did a quick search and couldnt find anything on this, im guessing the wii will not come equiped with a hardrive, i was looking at gamestop and their "memory cards" were just sandisk memory chips, do you need a special "wii" memory chip or will any of the memory chips work?:scared:

they said there is a 512 mb in the console and you can use th SD for additional memory when needed

komio said:
they said there is a 512 mb in the console and you can use th SD for additional memory when needed

okay thank you, my last 2 systems have been xbox and xbox 360 so its never been a problem for me, is 512mb a lot, im guessing i would want to upgrade if im going to use that "virtual console" feature.

yeah if you are looking to use the VC feature of the system i would definatly recomend getting an SD card or two, for nintendo i would say 512mb is somewhat decent for storage, and if there is a walmart around you they are selling the 256MB SD cards for 15.00 so that is always a way to go

thought it's depending on which ones you get (obviously n64 is going to be bigger in size than the snes games lol) but i am getting an extra SD just to be safe, i have a 2gb for my camera so i might use that too :p, also i like the photo channel :p

Jenksie said:
Also if you delete a game off your internal memory it doesn't matter, you can retreive from the server at a later date.

so its similar to xbox live, if you download an arcade game, and say your hardrive breaks, if you log back in to your gamertag the download is available to re-download at no cost

Zelda Ocarina of Time is 32MB so you can fit about 16 of them in the Wii memory. SD cards are getting cheaper and cheaper so you can just add more memory with little cost.

Back