questions about connecting to net

nmes923

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2006
Here is my problem... in my house i dont have a wireless network. we just have two computers, and the two rooms are very close to eachother so we have a router and both the wires are hard wired since they are so close. there is no ethernet port on the wii, and i dont really like using USB. I wanted to get an access point (one that i can just plug into another slot in my router, and then use it as a wireless point for my Wii.) While i was looking for a router i saw this product on best buy

Datel - WiFi MAX for Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS Lite - DUS0198

It looks alot simpler than just getting a router... all i have to do is just connect it to my computer. But, would i just plug that Datel WiFi card into a USB port? i cannot plug it in the ethernet port since its already being used, so then i would just use the USB port i guess. Also theres the issue on which one will giver a stronger and faster signal to the Wii. i dont really know if speed really matters right now in the early stages of Wii being online, but if anyone knows which one would be faster just let me know.

In advance... sorry if this seems like a stupid question im just not the most knowledgable :-(

the datel wi fi max turns your wired computer into a wirless hotspot for your wii it works great please please add me

Back