R.I.P. Guitar Hero

ff6rDOMA

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2010
So, it finally happened, Guitar Hero is dead, after five years of a desmessured explotation, and aging of the overall concept Activision has stated the series is cancelled, as well as the game they were planning to launch this 2011, hope this is temporary, and from now on they take this, analyze it and learn his lesson, They always take all that they can from franchises, spiderman Tony Hawk, you name it, What´s next CoD?

Wanna see what Slash think about it?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153749

Open link above

Feel free to leave your opinion.

I read this as a CNN headline article and at first was sad but then thought "good for Activision". They realized it was failing and now they can focus on other games. :wink:

yea. guitar hero warriors of rock showed how activision was losing its grip on the series. they were trying to put out DJ hero just to help sales. But that is just hearsay.

Anyway Im glad they can now work on other games.

I tought that happend since Guitar Hero: World Tour, since then Metallica and 5 one were good, same for GH: WoR, but too much too fast...

i'm surprised that slash actually knows about video game sales. anyway the plastic guitar genre will live on in video games, i think someone should at least release one last expansion download for the series.

That´s the other sad part, no expansion or new DLC passing february, although they will continue selling the existing one normally.
Before this hapoened, I was worried for other thing, Activision had desintegrated Neversoft, and only Vicarious Visions would take on the series, They had make the best Wii versions of GH, and I´m sure they weren´t going to be able to do all the 3 versions and put in the Wii that extra "something" without recycling.

Harmonix will carry on to take it´s Rock Band series to good port, but they have already expressed their sadness about this, after all, GH was his son originally.

Thanks for the read.

Back