RE Umbrella Chronicles

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
What an awesome unique kind of game this is. It is though, but wow.. brutal. Remember it is an "on rails shooter" but it is the best of that kind

I just got it the other day, and I think it's OK. It is definitely addicting in a way, and satisfying when you complete a level, but there are a few hiccups that hinder it fairly significantly.
Firstly, the graphics are 'alright' at best. There is a graininess and jaggedness to everything which stands in stark contrast to the beautiful CG cut-scenes. It is a bit disappointing.
Also, some parts of the game can be described in no other way than "CHEAP" to the utmost extreme. I spent HOURS and HOURS trying to get past one damn hallway today, simply because there was no way to avoid getting hit repeatedly by a monster, and dying over and over again with no knowledge of what I was doing wrong....well that was pretty enraging.
As well, they should have made the 'reload' just be the minus button or something instead of having to shake the nunchuck repeatedly.
Also, some enemies will suddenly appear and hit you no matter what you do, which is total BS.

In summary, yes it is pretty fun and details unknown info from the RE games, but some of the TOTALLY CHEAP enemies, poor hit-detection, sketchy frame-rate, and lame voice acting make this an average game at best.
ALSO, the Wii Zapper is utterly useless for this game, just use the Wiimote.
AND, your character will continually look away at a wall or turn around for 'no reason' only as an obvious excuse to load an enemy onto the screen when you turn back around. There have been a hundred times when I'm like "why the hell are you looking at the corner for 5 seconds? There's nothing there!!!" Then you whip back around suddenly to have 15 zombies tearing your head off. Woo-hoo....
I *****, but all in all its pretty fun!?!? I think so atleast.

Back