Realms 2: Rebirth of Evil (Official RP)

Caedus gave Vent quite a dumbfounded look. He had no idea what might be there, and he wasnt up for any parlor tricks after the hell he had just endured. Still... He figured he may as well humor Vent to an extent.

"A blade? A map? A weapon or scroll of some sort?"

"If used correctly it could be all of those. What is under this cloth is the greatest secret we Destrian Shadows hold over the world. It's with this the great one sent out the call to the mind of every Destrian. It is with this, we plan on ending the coming war." Vent tore off the cloth revealing a pure white column. However it was what was atop the column that beckoned interest. A large black orb. Looking into it seemed to reveal multitudes of endless space filled with nothing but the very essence of power. Thinly etched into its surface with a deep, royal purple was the emblem of Destry. "This, Caedus, is the legendary Orb of Destry. One of the four Orbs that granted magic to the mortal world."

Seth gave a quick look to Sela. "I can stand on my own old timer."
Seth just smiled before walking over and kneeling down next to Night and Siana. "I figured he was human as Chilliam's body was destroyed in the Conflict. What I had asked was why you didn't kill this child to free him of the possesion. There are far too few ways to end a demonic grip on a human without killing the person. Judging from your expression, you know this child. Is that why you didn't slay him on the spot?" Seth looked at Night for a moment before returning his gaze to Siana. "Another thing is how did Chilliam possess him? For him to do that he must've met this boy before and marked him. Only Naxus was powerful enough to possess an untainted human. So I ask again, do you know this boy?"

"Yes. His name is Night. We met him... Richand and I... fifteen years ago, in the Destrian Conflict. He was running from people who wanted him dead because of the mark."
She glanced at the purple mark visible in patches under the folds of his cloak.
"He came with us. He fought Storm with us, once. He met Zanaku and Drake... And then he left. He was with Richand, in Sagomir Gorge... he lost control of the mark and slaughtered the Destrian soldiers following them. He couldn't take it, I think, couldn't handle the fact that he might have been a danger. He didn't want to hurt us, so he ran off. Richand and I looked for him over the years... but we never found him. I eventually began to fear the worst, but Richand always said we'd see him again. What I don't understand as why he looks the same as he did fifteen years ago. Is that because of the mark too?"

"Possibly. When a human survives being marked by demon they partially absorb certain particular traits, most influenced by the specific demon that marked them. The one trait they all share is the human can now be possessed by any demon. This is done in three ways. The first is through the demon forcing the possession. Chilliam is not powerful enough for that if my memory serves me right. The second is if the human wills it but this means he or she has dominance over the demon. However this is extremely rare as few basic humans have the power or the desire to become monsters. The third, and easiest, is for the human to exhaust themselves rapidly following which the demon will force control. As I said Chilliam is not powerful enough for forcing control. And judging by what you said, this youth does not have dominance. So it is likely that he was exhausted and Chilliam simply took control. As for his appearance, as I mentioned the marked human can take on traits of the demon. It's likely his preserved youth is a trait, though I can't be entirely sure unless he were awake to speak"

"Well...we'd better get him back and rested. Then we can ask him about it..."
Siana stopped.
"Wait... where's Richand?"

"If used correctly it could be all of those. What is under this cloth is the greatest secret we Destrian Shadows hold over the world. It's with this the great one sent out the call to the mind of every Destrian. It is with this, we plan on ending the coming war." Vent tore off the cloth revealing a pure white column. However it was what was atop the column that beckoned interest. A large black orb. Looking into it seemed to reveal multitudes of endless space filled with nothing but the very essence of power. Thinly etched into its surface with a deep, royal purple was the emblem of Destry. "This, Caedus, is the legendary Orb of Destry. One of the four Orbs that granted magic to the mortal world."

Caedus gazed at the orb. It was a magnificent, and at the same time, a terrifying sight. The orbs had been thought to have all been destroyed at the end of the Destrian conflict. he thick smoke of purple and black that billowed within the orb beckoned to Caedus. Staring into the orb, he could not take his eyes off of it. He then noticed a hand was moving towards the orb, as if to grab it. It took him a moment to realize it was his hand that was moving forward, and he could not stop, nor did he want to.

"The power... This is what gave Him the power..."

As soon as Caedus' finger touched the orb, an image flashed into his head of a dark figure. Time skipped forward and flashed to his father, lying on the ground crying in pain as the figure scoffed. It changed again, this time to the figure pronouncing some sort of speech to battallions of soldiers. It then forwarded once more to a clash between two forces, one which appeared to be a shadow, while the other was pure light.

Caedus was blasted back onto the ground. He slowly righted himself as he stood up and looked at Vent.

"What the hell was that? All I did was touch it!"

"It was testing you. The great one knows much about the orbs, this one in particular. In fact I believe the traitor Seth is the only one who knows more. According to the great one, when Seth turned traitor he claimed to have been the creater of the orbs. Truth or not, his age and connections have likely given him a mastery over them." Vent slowly replaced the cloth over the pedestal. "And do not think you're alone in the experience you just went through. The first time I touched it a similar event occurred. Keep what you saw to yourself, as it was yours alone to see. The fact you aren't spouting nonsense tells me it finds you suitable. Yet the fact it did not glow with power means it has not awoken. After your father, Richand, scattered the orbs, all of them have gone dorment. Thier power can still be used however its full strength is locked. When it glows with power at the touch that means it will fully awaken in that persons hands. Certain people are able to bypass this though it means they have knowledge about the workings of the orbs or that they can naturally draw out the true power of what they wield."

"But then... If Seth is the only one who knows more about it... Hmmm... But then... Who else would be able to awaken this Orb other than Seth?"

Ooc: Wow.... Bluntly put.. My shortest post

"Well for one, Richand. His role as Avatar of Light automatically makes him draw out the full power of whatever he holds. It's the main reason he defeated Valentine at the end of the Conflict." Vent set the pedestal back where it was before turning back to Vent. "The great one knows exactly who can use it to its full power. I won't say who, the knowledge isn't yours to know right now. But I will say this, the person is of great importance to both sides of this battle." Vent hoped his vague hint wouldn't let Caedus understand that he was the important one. I'd rather leave him in the dark where he can grow stronger and figure it out himself. "Now Caedus, don't let it bother you. You'll likely figure it out over the course of your time with us. Now the task I just had you do tested your strength of mind and commitment to the Shadows. We will return to the city and then you shall undergo a test of strength."

Caedus sat there, pondering his thoughts. His father was the Avatar of Light... Caedus couldnt help to hide the slight glimpse of fear of what would happen to him if his father found out that he had changed sides. True, to him it was noble... But he knew he would never be able to convince either Richand or Siana or any of his former allies to see through his eyes.

"Vent... Im not sure if I want to do this anymore... My father would be so angry if he learns what I have done... I cant do it... I am too widely known... I cant... My name has too much honor behind it..."

Caedus tried to hold back his feelings of guilt... but he was finding his attempts very unsuccessful.

"It's far too late to turnback now. I'd have to kill you if you tried. If you're worried what others may think of the noble Caedus Zamikios suddenly attacking them, then take a new name. Wear something to cover your face. You'll still aid the Shadows and your concerns about your honor are dealt with. If you find this agreeable then tell me. I believe I know a name that suits you."

Caedus gave Vent a puzzled look. While an alias would be perfect to not soil his reputation... Something struck him as very odd about the way Vent was presenting this to him. It was too good... Too perfect... Almost as if it was rehearsed... Caedus had to find the meaning of it... But for now, an alias would suit him just fine.

"Fine... What would you have me go by?"

He suspects something. Good, that assures he'll live to see the dawn. "Turpis Daraku. It comes from an old language, its meaning lost in time." Vent walked over to the entrance to the cave room they were in. "If you find it suitable then embrace it. But come quickly. We must return to the city."
Siana stopped.
(OOC: sorry, missed this)

Seth gave a quick look around. "Richand? I have no idea. It's highly likely he was blasted away like we were. But where he landed is another matter entirely."

(ooc: i have premission to take control Vibro and Alicia for now)

IC:

Yamata ran through the gates back intot the palace as Nero had the remaining Destrain Soul Soldiers close the gates.

Yamata stood in front of Nero. "Now what, Sir?"

Nero stood there. "We hold out."

-MEANWHILE-

Vibro stood on the wall of the palace looking out onto the battlefield. Alicia walked up and stood next to him also looking out on the field.

Nero and Yamata walked up to where Vibro and Alicia were standing and stood next to them.

All four of them stood there in silence.

Vibro was thinking to himself about how they were to stand against an attack when they only had a handfull of soldiers left. He looked over at Nero. "How did you make your soldiers, Nero?"

Nero looked over at him. "Just a spell in a scroll that I keep with me and several suits of armor that were in the armory. Why do you-" He gave a slight smile. "Yamata, Alicia, i want the two of you to go into the armory and get all of the suits of armor and weapons and lay them out singley as fast as you can.

About an hour later there were tens of thousands suits of armor and weapons laying out in the concourse. Nero brought out his scroll and started to read of the spell. He took his sword and cut his palm and spilled some of his blood onto the scroll. The scroll lifted from his hand and it rolled itself back up. The ground started to shake and rumble as thousands of souls came out of the ground and took possesion of the suits of armor. The suits of armor rattled and clanked. Then each suit came to life, letting out roars and yells of some sort as they awakened. Each soldier had a sword with a battle-ax end to it. (See picture)
attachment.php

He suspects something. Good, that assures he'll live to see the dawn. "Turpis Daraku. It comes from an old language, its meaning lost in time." Vent walked over to the entrance to the cave room they were in. "If you find it suitable then embrace it. But come quickly. We must return to the city."
Siana stopped.
(OOC: sorry, missed this)

Seth gave a quick look around. "Richand? I have no idea. It's highly likely he was blasted away like we were. But where he landed is another matter entirely."

Caedus heard the name, but he felt its meaning. It was the name of his newly born self. It was no longer "Caedus Zamikios, Son of Richand Zamikios"... Now it was "Turpis Daraku"... Just Turpis Daraku... He had his own identity... And that itself empowered the name. It was the name of his newly christened self, and he could not get enough of it. the name was empowering, and it would be able to spread fear, and impose his will, all under this alias... The alias of his Dark side...

He repeated the name of his new self in his head over and over again. "Turpis Daraku.... Turpis Daraku... Turpis Daraku..." His dark side loved the new name, and it took on his body, letting his power fill himself to the brim, and embracing his newfound strength and name.

"Very well Vent... Lead the way."

As he followed Vent, he kept muttering under his breath, "Turpis Daraku... Turpis Daraku... Turpis Daraku..."

Back