Red Steel

Shantei

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
Is Red Steel any good with the Wii? Like, if you slash in a specific direction with your sword with it actually slash in that VERY specific direction on screen? Like every move you make is an exact replica fo yourself? And can you block and ****? That'd be out of this damn world...

Thanks in advance.

I have Red steel and i hate it.
It's really weird to control.
The slightest movement with the wii mote and you're looking up or down.
People might say I haven't given it enough time but this game gets a BIG thumbs down.

I'm torn over Red Steel. The control is awkward. You get used to it but even after getting used to it, the control still feels a tad awkward. Besides the control, I think the game is kinda cool. Seems like people are always dogging it but I think it's underrated. I'd score it a 6.5 out of 10.

I absolutly LOVE red steel.

I personally think the controls are great and the graphics look amazin imho

I don't have it, but I played it at my friend's house before I got my Wii. The controls are very awkward, but once you get used to them and kind of figure out their "weak" spots and avoid them, it's not that big of a deal. The graphics: you either love 'em or hate 'em. Some say the character models resemble "paper cutouts". I think the graphics are just f#%king awesome. Definitely next-gen IMO. Multiplayer is just too fun. I would give it a 8.5/10.

Thanks for all your answers but this still doesn't quite answer my full question. Say if you have a sword, does it move in every direction you do?

I know Red Steel got meh reviews, but I can't wait to play it when I finally get my Wii. It's gonna be the first game I buy.

MetroidZ said:
yes, but the moves are preconfigured. the direction you swing only makes one of those preconfigured moves.

lol, so then it doesn't move in every direction you swing it does it?

Hello? Can't anymore say whether swinging in a very specific direction is an exact replica on the screen?

Shantei said:
Hello? Can't anymore say whether swinging in a very specific direction is an exact replica on the screen?
when you swing your remote your sword swings, so to that extent yes.

your only in sword fights part of the time, and during that your "locked on" to the target. you dodge and parry with your left hand, your small sword. when you flick left it throws the sword left to parry... so kinda?

special moves require you to throw both hands up and down (then out sometimes) and this is done in game the same, both swords go up then down onto the enemy.

you cant hold your hand up in the air and wave it to make your player hold his sword up and swing it though, no.

Back