Reggie: We're still hardcore!

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a recent interview with Gamespot, the Regginator himself answered a few questions about the direction of the Wii console and to quell fears that Nintendo might leave aside the 'core gamers' in their quest for non gamers.

Here's what he had to say in response:

"The answer to that is Zelda, right?"

"For the passionate fan who wants something a bit more challenging, a deep story, 70 hours of gameplay, it's Zelda. It's all there, it's nine dungeons long, it is an immense area - that alone should stop all of the worries as to whether Nintendo will continue to make big, epic games. We absolutely will," he said.

"We're also going to do other things to bring that NES or SNES fan who now has three kids, a job, doesn't have time to play games; we're going to bring him Link to the Past that he enjoyed back in those days and has a great opportunity to play again on the Virtual Console.

"We want it all, quite frankly. So when we talk about bringing gaming back to the masses it is both for this core fan, which we will continue to have great content for, and this new expanded gamer who either hasn't played in 20 years or hasn't played at all,"

Reggie also revealed that he expects Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl to launch in 2007, "Based on what I know today, the answer is yes".

Read the full interview here: Q&A: Reggie preps for the launch

frontsidefish said:
Those you can have. *Passes BA a couple of babies*

There you go, now if they cry, feed them with this. *Hands him a baby bottle* And if you need me, you can call me on 555-2368.
You silly man... Reggies sperm dosen't produce babies! They produce Wii's. :yesnod:

BlightedArt said:
So I'm going to hug Reggies sperm on relase? :tard:
Dude! Where do you think they got the concept? No one can just think of a great concept such as the Wii... duh.

Wow, I can't wait until i0n see what you guys have been offtopically chating about..

Nice find, Can't wait for those games.. can't wait for the wii either.. I just got home from my buds house.. he has it.. it's amazing. No question about it

There's a lot of spam on the forums right after Wii release, atleast ours is somewhat promoting Reggie.

Ditto about the Wii though, would've been awesome (though impossible) to have a worldwide release. ^_^

Back