Reggie predicts Wii to sell 1 million units by December

ScuzzBuster said:
The 4 million number includes all units shipped to retailers whether they are sold or not...so if there are one million in homes, there will be another 3 million in stores and warehouses waiting to be sold or go onto shelves.

I don't buy that at all. If there were 3 million unsold units floating around, they would be GONE as every retailer has bare shelves and can sell every unit they can get their hands on. For Nintendo to state 1 million sold through december is quite intriguing. I can assure you that if they have 3 million in stores and warehouses that are unsold, Nintendo is in serious financial trouble. Again, something doesn't add up...

kenn said:
I don't buy that at all. If there were 3 million unsold units floating around, they would be GONE as every retailer has bare shelves and can sell every unit they can get their hands on. For Nintendo to state 1 million sold through december is quite intriguing. I can assure you that if they have 3 million in stores and warehouses that are unsold, Nintendo is in serious financial trouble. Again, something doesn't add up...
Nintendo is shipping 4 million Wiis worldwide not only in the US.:crazy:

Duno if anyone posted this but he also stated 2 million by the 2nd week of january :O

how did you find out the selling figure? 700k already? Just US alone? wow, what would happen when launch in Jap and UK.....

Zori said:
Duno if anyone posted this but he also stated 2 million by the 2nd week of january :O
I don't doubt that... the release in UK and Japan will spark huge ammounts of Wiis being sold.

Veiron said:
Don't take the figures from that site to be fact unless we hear something at the end of this week/beginning of next week.

I do agre with U, only time will tell.

But I do believe that the choice of hitting the US before Japan, their home ground was a good a** plan to get the buzz on. I mean, once it comes out in Japan, I do expect a massive figure once again (the 400.000 units should go in a snap).

After that, no need for massive promotion on TV for the European release, the gosssip should do most of the work... :cornut:

Back