Resident Evil 4 - Wii edition confirmed

D

Daren

Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition has been confirmed:

http://wii.qj.net/category/Resident-Evil-Wii/cid/2130

This should not be confused with the brand new RE Wii game, Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles, due out at a later date. This is a reworking of RE4 for the Wii...

"Accordingly, RE4 will make full use of the Wiimote. During close-range attacks, the motion-sensitive controller should be shaken, Leon will automatically detect the enemy and perform a knife attack.

Likewise, the Wiimote will also be used to aim a targetting cursor in order to shoot and fire at your enemies. Hold down the "B" button and shake it a bit to reload your ammo. The built-in speaker will also sport a reload sound effect."

yeah its good...but whats up with the constant porting...and it feels a little weird because I can already play RE4 on the Wii......damn theyv ported that way too much...like once every year :lol:

Lord Haku said:
I think it will be good, the port on the ps2 was just as good, if not better than the gamecube verison

Eh? The PS2 version of RE4 was crap. I laughed when I first saw it.

"One of the big issues the team over at Capcom is facing is the fact that the PS2's texture memory capacity is far smaller than the Gamecube's. In the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4, players were treated to 24 bit textures. However, in the PS2 version, expect 8 and 4 bit textures, which is quite a downgrade."

"Leon's polygon count, in order to run on the inferior PS2 hardware, will have to drop from the original 10,000 polygons to a mere 5,000, slightly more than Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3."

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4310

Wow, I didn't know the gamecube had more graphic power than the PS2. It doesn't make sense that there wasn't more third party support for it. I'm really annoyed by this. I just bought RE4 for the gamecube two weeks ago. I suppose I'll sell it on ebay and pick up the Wii version, I'm only like 3 hours into it anyway.

Well i Can`t wait for this game to come out in Canada. When I first saw the wiimote and what it could do, the first thing that came to my mind was RE4. and now we are getting it on the wii!

Joe said:
yeah its good...but whats up with the constant porting...and it feels a little weird because I can already play RE4 on the Wii......damn theyv ported that way too much...like once every year :lol:
at least its not a ps2 port (I am assuming they used the GC version) also this version will be rendered in real time.

Also, according to IGN, the Wii version will have all the extra features that the PS2 version had:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/778/778248p1.html

"All the bonus elements that made it into the PS2 version are being included in the Wii release. That includes the "The Another Order" sequence, where you play as Ada."

Plus, it should only take up one normal-sized disk on the Wii as well.

if they can put RE4 on the wii why not RE5... i know it would not look near as good as the 360 or ps3 versions would look but it is supposed to play like RE4 so i dont see why we have to get the Umbrella corp. chronicles.

:cornut: glad I read this thread. I was planning on picking up re4 for the cube next time i passed eb games :cornut:

EDIT: Any word on WHEN it will be released? Shouldnt take too long, should it? Seeing as its just a port. Hopefully not long because I am in need of a good wii game...

As much as I hate the idea of another port on the Wii I realize that if this game and RE:UC does very well that increases the likely hood of RE:5 being on the Wii so unfortunately I'm gonna have to throw support to the idea. At least the game was awesome on the Gamecube. Hopefully they significantly increase the quality of the graphics and add some new, worthwhile features.

This is great to hear! I just bough RE4 less than a week ago and already have 20 hours into it! Anyway, i bet it's worth purchasing again to play with the Wii controls. Any talk of having it at a lower price since it's been out for so long on the GC? I'd hate to dish out $50 on a game that i already own, since it's been out for a while now. But, if i have to.... :rolleyes:

LevesqueIsKing said:
EDIT: Any word on WHEN it will be released? Shouldnt take too long, should it? Seeing as its just a port. Hopefully not long because I am in need of a good wii game...

From here:
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/778/778248p1.html

"RE4 is set for Japanese Wii release on 5/31. While it hasn't officially been announced outside of Japan yet, its appearance in retailer databases late last week suggests that Wii players everywhere will get to experience this Capcom classic through a new control scheme."

Back