Resident Evil 5 Petition :)

ally_uk

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Hey Guys

I purchased Resident Evil 4 wii edition 2 days ago and ive have spent those 2 days glued to the screen being absorbed by this fantastic game :)

I owned and completed the game on Gamecube but hell this wii edition still is awesome the graphics are still excellent the gameplay is compelling and the new controls to me make me feel like i'm actually in the game if that makes sense. Also there is nothing like the panic you get when your getting bombarded by enemies and they come at you from all angles

If you havent picked up a copy yet then I highly recommend this as a essential Wii purchase.

Now this brings me onto the subject of Resident Evil 5 come on Capcom Wii need this ( sorry about the pun ) but we really do.

I don't care if you downscale the graphics a bit but since the Wii is soon to be the top selling console surely it makes sense to port it to us

Somebody should set up a petition ASAP.

graphics down a bit? have you seen re5?
anyways, dont count on it. sure all companies want to get money and more of it. but they also want to do the projects they want to do. porting it to the wii will just handicap the amount of things they can do in the game. theyd rather have a great game that comes out on the ps3 and 360 without sacrificing quality, than take time to port it over to the wii.

Not gonna happen my man, I specifically remember a Nintendo official actually stating that 360 and PS3 ports just weren't technically possible, I think we should just accept that. Hopefully Umbrella Chronicles will be so absolutely amazing that we won't need to worry about RE5...But don't hold your breath :(

Sovieto said:
graphics down a bit? have you seen re5?
anyways, dont count on it. sure all companies want to get money and more of it. but they also want to do the projects they want to do. porting it to the wii will just handicap the amount of things they can do in the game. theyd rather have a great game that comes out on the ps3 and 360 without sacrificing quality, than take time to port it over to the wii.
That is bull. Companies exist to make money, and in this industry, money comes before pleasure (at least for the companies).

Sure the graphics seem pretty good for the most part, but despite what you believe, the Wii's graphics aren't that bad, it's just nobody has been really using the Wii to it's potential.

Besides, we'll see about it when they get the sales figures for Umbrella Chronicles. For all we know, it might be such a success (to be fair, The Wii version of Resident Evil 4 did pretty well, despite it being a 2 year old game), that they consider doing a version for the Wii. And you know what? If it plays like Resident Evil 4, you can bet that it will sell well.

Personally, I would like to see it on the Wii. I think it'll be a step back to use the Resident Evil 4 gameplay mechanics on a standard controller again.

Yeah, I think it would be a very bad idea to bring the graphics down on RE 5 to play it on the Wii. I love my Wii, but I know I'll be playing RE 5 on my PS3.

Oh and when it comes to the Wii's potential with graphics, they'll never be able to come close to being able to match up with the 360 or the PS3. From what I have seen, there's not a spectacular difference in graphics from last-gen graphics to Wii graphics.

Last edited:
Really won't happen. If what I've read/been told is right the Wii just can't cope with Resident Evil 5.

Thats not to say it would be impossible to redevlop the game for the Wii, that would cost money though and just can't see them doing it.

Umbrella Chronicles will be a laugh but it will in no way be a substitute for the lack of RE5.

If UC does well who knows, maybe Capcom will see that there is a market for the RE series on the Wii. Afterall, RE4 is still hard to find in the shops and quite a few online stores still don't have stock.

I'd be quite happy with another new RE game that has been developed for the Wii as a stand alone title (I don't mean UC)

they would be stupid not to bring RE5 to the Wii. Top selling console For months and how many copies of RE4 have been sold? It would be a hit if the controls were the same as RE4. yes the Graphics would come down some but I would Buy it.

Squall7 said:
That is bull. Companies exist to make money, and in this industry, money comes before pleasure (at least for the companies).

Sure the graphics seem pretty good for the most part, but despite what you believe, the Wii's graphics aren't that bad, it's just nobody has been really using the Wii to it's potential.

Besides, we'll see about it when they get the sales figures for Umbrella Chronicles. For all we know, it might be such a success (to be fair, The Wii version of Resident Evil 4 did pretty well, despite it being a 2 year old game), that they consider doing a version for the Wii. And you know what? If it plays like Resident Evil 4, you can bet that it will sell well.

Personally, I would like to see it on the Wii. I think it'll be a step back to use the Resident Evil 4 gameplay mechanics on a standard controller again.
RE4 was proof there is such a lack of quality/good games on the Wii. Also, if RE5 goes back to its roots (survival horror) it wouldnt sell well on the Wii since there are so many younger players on the Wii, and survival-horror is too much for them. But, seeing RE4, RE5 will just be another shooter.

wario2ooo said:
hmm.....then why are they putting manhunt 2 on the wii?
what survival do you do in manhunt? its more of a stealth game. last i played it you dont have to conserve ammo, health items are scarce..and so on. also, is it really HORROR? cause youre the one doing all the horror in the game! which is a different view.

Sovieto said:
RE4 was proof there is such a lack of quality/good games on the Wii.
Yet, the Wii is selling really well considering the "lack of quality/good games". Just imagine the sales figures if it did have "good games"...

Also, if RE5 goes back to its roots (survival horror) it wouldnt sell well on the Wii since there are so many younger players on the Wii, and survival-horror is too much for them.
It's one thing if you keep your stereotypes to yourself, but it's another to actually use stereotypes to justify something you believe. Sure, there's young players for the Wii, but there's also a massive amount of 18+ players too. Also, that's not forgetting sales of stuff like Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Driver, The Godfather, Scarface etc... They seem relatively popular, for a console that is for "younger players".

But, seeing RE4, RE5 will just be another shooter.
Reread:
me said:
I think it'll be a step back to use the Resident Evil 4 gameplay mechanics on a standard controller again.
Note, gameplay mechanics, not genre. The Wiimote meant that you responded better. The wiimote made the Wii edition of Resident Evil 4, better. It'll be a shame if we (devoted Resi Evil fans and Wii owners), could not play Resi Evil 5 in the same kind of way.

Sovieto said:
RE4 was proof there is such a lack of quality/good games on the Wii. Also, if RE5 goes back to its roots (survival horror) it wouldnt sell well on the Wii since there are so many younger players on the Wii, and survival-horror is too much for them. But, seeing RE4, RE5 will just be another shooter.

Sovieto, logically you're saying that Resident Evil 1 is not suitable for children but Resident Evil 4 is....i'm going to have to be a bit puzzled. I recall getting my head chainsawed off, Shooting people's heads to pieces, watching people burn alive, etc. How is that not "too much for them". You're not making too much sense there.

Also as far as not comparing to the PS3 and X-Box 360 versions, they're correct only graphically. But I would much rather play it on the wii with the motion sensing controls. They were just worlds more fun and better than using a gamepad. I can easilly see them porting this over eventually, let's not forget at one point Resident Evil was exclusive to gamecube, and magically Res 4 ended up on the PS2.

As for Umbrella Chronicles, I look forward to it. But it will not be Resident Evil, it'll moreso be Resident Evil and House of the Dead have a baby...which is fine by me.

Robotnik said:
Sovieto, logically you're saying that Resident Evil 1 is not suitable for children but Resident Evil 4 is....i'm going to have to be a bit puzzled. I recall getting my head chainsawed off, Shooting people's heads to pieces, watching people burn alive, etc. How is that not "too much for them". You're not making too much sense there.

Also as far as not comparing to the PS3 and X-Box 360 versions, they're correct only graphically. But I would much rather play it on the wii with the motion sensing controls. They were just worlds more fun and better than using a gamepad. I can easilly see them porting this over eventually, let's not forget at one point Resident Evil was exclusive to gamecube, and magically Res 4 ended up on the PS2.

As for Umbrella Chronicles, I look forward to it. But it will not be Resident Evil, it'll moreso be Resident Evil and House of the Dead have a baby...which is fine by me.
kids couldnt handle it as in its too hard for them. and re4 is just easysauce. also, seeing how as every single RE was on the PS before RE4, it was only time until they ported it over, also, the graphical difference between the PS2 and GC arent anywhere near the graphical difference between the wii and 360/ps3.

@squall. step back in gameplay mechanics for who? + not everyone thinks motion controls are better.
also, if there werent a lotttttttt of kids playing the wii why would it be so kiddy?

Last edited:
Money, money, money in a rich mans world.

I think Wii owners are going to have to wake up to fact that, one... PS3 and Xbox have more under the bonnet and so have more opportunities and more of a tastier appeal, The RE5 factor is going to just one issue in a long line of gaming arguments, and two. No matter, if a game if solely created either on one system or another, once the money factor takes hold everything changes, gaming companies are in the business of making money and the less frills they can get away with, the more they'll do it, sure enough Xbox and PS3 have their x2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 gig processors, and HD this and that, although what they do not have is simplicity, catchy iconic gaming add ons like Mii, and the Wiimote, as a community we need to stop bitching between ourselves and let Nintendo and the big gaming house know that they have outdone Xbox and PS3 in one respect, but they need to exploit their Wii mote before Xbox or Sony better it.

Last edited:
jinglejangle said:
Not gonna happen my man, I specifically remember a Nintendo official actually stating that 360 and PS3 ports just weren't technically possible, I think we should just accept that. Hopefully Umbrella Chronicles will be so absolutely amazing that we won't need to worry about RE5...But don't hold your breath :(

Downgrades are always possible. The Sega Master System had Altered Beast, Ghouls N' Ghosts, and other Genesis game on it, and the difference between the SMS and Genesis was far greater than the difference between the Wii and PS3 or 360. You can even port RE5 to the SNES, N64, or PS1. Sure, it would look like total crap, but the basic story would be the same, minus the fancy graphics.

Back