Resident Evil 5 Petition :)

Sovieto said:
i was saying graphics were a step back.
And why bring up that? I've mentioned previously that they could redo polygon models and texture mappings to suit the Wii. I was talking about controls. The graphics horse has been flogged to death.

sure re4 wii controls are fun, but that dosent mean people want to professionally play halo with motion controls.
I'm not saying implement them in Halo. This is Resident Evil 5 here we're talking about. RE5's gameplay is almost identical (so far) to RE4's and RE4 worked better on the Wii than either GC or PS2.

and when a game is everyone it dose mean its made in mind with kids playing it, therefore the console is kiddy.
No it means that kids can access it. Slight difference in target audience of "everyone" and the actual audience of "various" (of specific games). Heck, the DS has tonnes of games that can be considered kiddie. Doesn't mean that BrainTraining was meant for kids. Also doesn't mean that the console itself should be labeled as "kiddie". What you're confusing is the MS and PS camps deciding that their target audience is "the core gamer" which is a very specific demograph. You cannot seem to grasp the concept of a wider target audience than Male, 16-25.

just because you know people who own wiis that are older dosent make the console any less kiddy.
No, but it questions your idea that "the Wii is for kids and therefore it's mostly kids that use it".

it was made with kids playing it in mind.
Well, somebody bring a lawsuit onto Capcom, EA and Sierra, cos they just made games for a console that's meant to be played by kids.

That implies that what you say is fact. You're mistaken.

nintendo is the main supplier of games that sell their consoles, and theyre all made with kids in mind.
No, they're made with the idea that it's not a good idea to make a game in which parent's can later try to sue them because they have bought an innappropriate game for their child to play. It also depends what you define as a "kid". Cos I would say, that there's quite a few games targeted at Teens and above. Heck, was Zelda Twilight Princess designed to be played by a 7 year old? Cos it has a "Teen" rating over here.

so whether you have manhunt or not the real games that sell the console are kiddy.
Mario - debatable. It feeds into both "kids" as well as "nostalgia".
Link - TP was a Teen (12+) here.
Metroid - Teen as well.
Starfox Assault - Teen.
Pikmin - I wouldn't say it was particularly "kiddie", but I'll give you it because of the "colours".

i just dont get why you always have to call me a fanboy, its as though youre just looking for something to say.
Probably because whenever you post, it's almost always either anti-Nintendo or Pro-MS.

lets just assume for the sake of this argument your a ninty fanboy, and im a ms one, okay? again, dont use the kids asking in shop for ps3. no duh there are plenty of kids who play 360/ps3, but the games arent made for them, and theyd rather play a game where you chainsaw someone instead of jumping on mushrooms for the sake of they dont want to be seen playing a game made with them in mind.
Exactly. Games on a console do not dictate the target audience of the console itself. You get tonnes of Teenagers going around saying "Nah, that's kiddie. I only play mature games. Do you have something with gore and swearing in?". Meanwhile, you also get tonnes of over 18 people picking up a Wii, and genuinely having a fantastic time on it.

Having the mindset that Nintendo is for Kids and Sony/Microsoft is for "mature people" is just plain ludicrus. There's games and owners on the other side of the fanboy mirror that contrast that. Heck, with people saying Nintendo is a kiddies console and kids going after PS/Xbox, Nintendo would never be able to survive.

Well honestly, anybody whose going around saying, I don't like that game because it doesn't have blood and swearing needs to get a life anyways for one. And secondly isn't mature enough to play a game like that. Even so, Nintendo really does need to come out with a little more material for the older age group.

Sovieto said:
RE4 was proof there is such a lack of quality/good games on the Wii. Also, if RE5 goes back to its roots (survival horror) it wouldnt sell well on the Wii since there are so many younger players on the Wii, and survival-horror is too much for them. But, seeing RE4, RE5 will just be another shooter.

If RE4 did well, why wouldn't RE5 do well? Youre basically saying little kids play RE4 but not RE5? What the heck are you talking about just another shooter? thats like saying the new Zelda will be just another zelda. Everything you said barely makes sense to me, and i'm not trying to be a jerk.

Another thing--off the halo w motion controls comment, how do people even know they don't want that? They are afraid of change. Hell, I am going to be not so bold here and say Halo 3 is basically Halo 2 with different weapons and better graphics. In 10 years do you wanna be playing Halo 9 and have it just be like a movie or something, with the same damn everything?

I should say it's a bad idea........
RE5 belongs to Xbox360 (or PS3). And I'd be glad to see the great Graphics of RE5

CnC said:
I should say it's a bad idea........
RE5 belongs to Xbox360 (or PS3). And I'd be glad to see the great Graphics of RE5
Anymore explanation into why you think it'd be a bad idea?

Personally I think everyone is doing the Wii a great disservice by saying that the level of graphics would be soo downgraded as to make the game less enjoyable. We don't even know how the graphics will be, considering most Wii games are either non-realistic (and therefore wouldn't really show the level of graphics, but the art styles instead) or are ports from other consoles.

I personally say that it could be a case of us seeing the best looking realistic (graphically) games with downgraded versions of 360 and PS3 titles, simply because they'll limit how much of the detail they cut, rather than having to build detail up.

Resident evil 5 would look great on the wii because, if you think about it res4 has gamecube graphics from 2 years ago and the wii is over 2x the power of the gcube so graphics can be over 2x as good, everyone love re4 graphics so even if re5 does not match upto the standard of ps3 or xbox30 it would still be a good move for the company. Bloody hell they ported re1 to the ds

I REALLY HOPE RE5 GETS PORTED TO WII AS ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION

Didn't a certain two year old port called Resident Evil 4 almost sell 1 million copies on Wii!? It shows that there is a market for RE5 on Wii. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen no matter how much petitioning is done. It's unfortunate that the Wii has such limited technical specs in comparison to 360 and Wii, but blame Nintendo for that. The 360 version will probably sell more.

Masaman said:
Remember, Hiroyuki Kobayashi said Resident Evil 4 would appear on the PS2 "over my dead body". At the time there was outcry from Sony quarters and GC fans were lapping it up but reality kicks in, Capcom see the financial reward and port it over (scaled down) anyway.

It's simple maths - if the time and cost to redevelop for the Wii outweighs a possible return on investment then they would not consider it but if they think they can make money, like someone said earlier, they will develop the title for any system.

Capcom did not decide to develop RE5 for Xbox and PS3 because they believe in art direction, better visuals for story telling and integrity. They did so because (like everyone else in the industry) no one could have forecast the success of the Wii, and if they had, you would probably be looking at a Wii/Xbox exclusive.

Doubtful - but with shareholder pressure never say never.

http://uk.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil4/news.html?sid=6111911

Wow, this is an outstanding post that I'm shocked nobody responded to. The underlined section is the real takeaway from this post.

Agreed 100%. There isn't some phantom artistic integrity - if it's financially viable, it gets developed - assuming there's not a contractual obligation in place for an exclusive on competing platforms (I suppose this could even come in the form of something less "formal" :smilewinkgrin: ).

(I like to think that there's SOME derivative of the game that could be implemented).

~DT

I just hope that developers would start seeing the "light" and when that time comes... *BOOM* Wii golden era.. hehehe.. RE5.. RE6.. lol

Master Foot said:
It's unfortunate that the Wii has such limited technical specs in comparison to 360 and Wii, but blame Nintendo for that.
You make it sound as if it's a fault or flaw. It's not. It's a feature. It's why the Wii is "affordable". It's why they can also target the "casual gamers", and it's also why the Wii is selling so much. It wouldn't sell as much to the "casual" gamers if it was trying to compete graphically with PS3 and 360.

Squall7 said:
You make it sound as if it's a fault or flaw. It's not. It's a feature. It's why the Wii is "affordable". It's why they can also target the "casual gamers", and it's also why the Wii is selling so much. It wouldn't sell as much to the "casual" gamers if it was trying to compete graphically with PS3 and 360.

Thats the difference.

Thats why Nintendo has sold so well. It is 'something else' like Nintendo has always offered. Look at if Nintendo tried to be like the others. Every gen would just be similar, each company competing to keep what exclusives there are left, more powerful systems. 80% of games would be on all 3 systems.

targeting different areas and offering new opportunity's is why Nintendo are here today.

Well with the Nintendo Wii still selling very well and with the Christmas period set to take the console further up the sales chart.

Surely it makes sense to give us a port of resi evil 5 come on Capcom the fans are crying out for this :cool:

Graphics wise if Capcom were to utilize wii properly then they could end up with a great end result even if the graphics were not up to 360 or PS3 I would still buy this fricking game just for the control mechanism Resident Evil 4 felt so great and refreshing and the Wii remake took this further adding the Wii remote controls.

Back