Rest in peace John

R.I.P

John is only the bass player for The Who, voted best bass player of the century or something. . .

there is a little profile

zeon9881 said:
^^^^^^^^

that sounded like jiberish to me =P

From Teh Wiki:
John Alec Entwistle (October 9, 1944 – June 27, 2002) was an English bass guitarist, songwriter, singer, and horn player, who was best known as the bass guitarist for rock band The Who. He is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rock bassists of all time,[1][2] creating an aggressive lead sound that helped influence contemporary and later bassists such as Les Claypool, Steve Harris, Lemmy, Geddy Lee, Phil Lesh, Noel Redding, Billy Sheehan, Chris Squire and Mike Watt.

Entwistle helped uncover the potential of the bass guitar as a lead instrument, using aggressive pentatonic lead lines, and a trebly sound virtually unheard of in the early 1960s. He pioneered the use of roundwound steel bass strings, made to his personal specifications by RotoSound. His search for a sound to cut through The Who's sonic onslaught led him to experiment with more and different basses, leading him to amass a collection of over 200 instruments by the time of his death. His search for the perfect sound led him to experiment most notably with Alembic's basses in the 1970s, Warwick in the 1980s, and Status all-graphite basses in the 1990s.

Does that make sense?

He played a instrument for a very famous band <<<Simple:)

surfinrach90 said:
I sure my sister went to see these last week.. :shocked:

There is quite a few who tribute bands that go around so thats likely who she went to see:)

Back