Road Rash Wii would be awesome...

Squall7

A li'l bit different
May 17, 2006
Cornwall, UK
Wii Online Code
8420-0141-9022-6948
Have you played Road Rash before? I think it'd be cool to have a Wii version of it. Here's my thoughts as to why it would be good and how it would work...

- Use the Nunchuck attachment to steer and lean. When going around a corner, you tilt left or right to lean into the corner. Also, this would mean that you can flick your wrist up to pop a wheelie.
- The wiimote itself can be used for the weaponary. I hated it on previous versions how the computer choose which direction you can hit opponents. The weaponary can include all previous weapons and more (i.e. Baseball bats, sledgehammers, cattle prods). Obviously different motions are required for different weapons.
- Online mode. Pretty obvious, play online with everyone, the money you earn could be used in an RPG element of customising bikes, clothes, new weapons etc... Hospital bills and Fines... Pretty much standard.
- Soundtracks can be like Excite Truck - play your own tracks from SD card whilst you race (complete with fading out when you come off your bike and the bike disappears into the background).
- Rag doll physics. This would be excellent for Road Rash as previous games have standard positions and motions. Imagine using Rag doll physics when flying high in the air and landing on your neck, complete with the crunch sounds...
- Gameplay animations. I used to love the little animations on Road Rash 2 on the Mega Drive, and think they would be great for the Wii (obviously not the exact same animations, but cool new ones).

All this was spawned when my friend came over and decided we should dig out Road Rash 64 again. Classic moments got me thinking how great this would fit with the Wii (especially considering Nintendo is starting to shed it's kiddie image).

If you don't know what Road Rash is, you'll find some vids of it here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Road+Rash

surfinrach90 said:
Yay! Road Rash!

LOVE this idea :D

Road Rash freakin rocks. Simple as.
Thanx. Just not sure who owns the rights to the franchise, as I know EA did the original few on the Mega Drive and THQ did the one on the N64.

Worth investigating at least...

Also, if you have ideas about it, I'd love to hear them.

Well I think that you covered them all really, I mean your ideas for the controls are perfect.

I don't think they should try to make the game any more complicated or try to change it too much. I think it should just be a bettered version of the 'ol Mega Drive version

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
i think they should put mad dash on it, that game was funnnn and challenging
Mad Dash? I don't recall that one.

There was a little game at the end of Road Rash 64, where everyone had insane bikes that just sped off way too fast, and then there was one level whereby the end was a short brick wall.

Is that the bit you mean?

Road Rash in its early days was a great game and the setup with the wii controls would be very good... I'm sure within due time we'll have a game that satisfies our need to hit people with chains while riding a motorcycle.
Now all we need is a Mutant League Football wii style.

jizzyd said:
I love the idea but if ninty wanted a road rage game for the wii they would bring it out on the vc
Why do you think that it would only work as a Virtual Console game rather than a full Wii game? It's very possible Wii will get Virtual Console versions, especially considering there are 3 Mega Drive (Genesis in the US) titles for it to get.

Still, if the number of downloads of them are high enough, perhaps EA or THQ or whoever would make one would do so...

MAN , u know what ? I still play ROAD RASH 64 till now !! MAN It's SO FREEEKIN FUNNY AND SO FREEKIN COOOOOOOOOOL really !! i always laugh when i play it because the sounds are so COOOL REALLY, espcially when a MAN fall from a high place ... looool

i have wii and i WISH I WISH I WISH nintendo makes a new version for it !
and do u know how i found this site ? i found it in google searching for ROAD RASH Wii !!

AHHHHHHHHHH ... I LOOOOOOVE THIS GAME :cornut: :cornut:

the best of this game is the SOUND EFFECTS !! ... i thought i am the only one who seek for ROAD RASH 64 .. lol

Nintendo Freek said:
MAN , u know what ? I still play ROAD RASH 64 till now !! MAN It's SO FREEEKIN FUNNY AND SO FREEKIN COOOOOOOOOOL really !! i always laugh when i play it because the sounds are so COOOL REALLY, espcially when a MAN fall from a high place ... looool

i have wii and i WISH I WISH I WISH nintendo makes a new version for it !
and do u know how i found this site ? i found it in google searching for ROAD RASH Wii !!

AHHHHHHHHHH ... I LOOOOOOVE THIS GAME :cornut: :cornut:

the best of this game is the SOUND EFFECTS !! ... i thought i am the only one who seek for ROAD RASH 64 .. lol
Wow. I brought someone to the community through this thread!? :D

Welcome to the forums!

One thing I love doing in Road Rash 64 is cattle-prodding people and kicking them over. Had many a time when I did just that at the beginning of the race and smashing the guy next to me into the starting pole. Road Rash 64 was amazingly fun, and not too heavy on the story. It had a couple of extra modes which were quite fun too. Things like "be the cop" mode.

I just hope they get Road Rash on the virtual console and see how much of a success it is, and make a new one for the Wii...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOO ... loool ... man i loooove i loooove i llooooooooove this gaaaame so FREEEKIN MUCH !!! :cornut:

i just played it an hour ago ! , with my bro and laughed to death , maan i love the music , do u know from where can i get it ? i have MEAN MACHINE but i want the others too ! .. oh man it's really cool i never thought that there is anybody would remmebr this OLD game ! .

i hope it will be in VIRTUAL CONSOLE ! I HOOOPE !! nintendo COME ON MAKE A NEW ONE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

man u ROCK .. Why ? becaz u made this thread !!! :cornut: :cornut: :cornut: :cornut:

I would buy road rash if they put it on the Wii, I owned them on the genesis and used to play them all time. I even got that one where you are on rollerblades and you hitch onto cars and use nitrous to rocket yourself!!!

Back