RROD List

I agree at the moment, but given that its slightly better hardware and blue ray is slowly taking over the world its only a matter of time before the PS3 takes it

Trust me I hate sony always did but M$ just put a sour taste in my mouth

Lol I never said to hate sony :p I actually have a PS3 but if I had to choose one I would go with 360. MS is going to release their own external blu-ray player so thats not even an issue. Also the fact that you can use their external players on laptops and PC's just make it that much better.

Anyway, since my 360 broke for the 2nd time they told me to send in my power supply. I have been told by alot of people over at xbox.com forums that im getting a newer falcon model of Xbox so it should be quieter and cooler. So im pretty content with MS as of right now.

Well my buddy's 360 red lighted on him, and he wrapped it in a towel and overheated it and then it worked again. Though he is still going to send it in, he temporarily fixed it by doing that. Had heard about it working, but hadn't had first hand experience.

I've been thinking about buying a 360 but the RRoD is the only thing really holding me back. Does anyone know if microsoft has been doing anything to solve this problem for the 360's that it's putting on the shelves?

i have had no problems with mine had it since christmas this year. and no problems with my old one i sold just because i had a money situation:yikes: .
i think just keep it in an open area with plenty of room to breath and keep the dust off it and you should more than likely be fine.

I've been thinking about buying a 360 but the RRoD is the only thing really holding me back. Does anyone know if microsoft has been doing anything to solve this problem for the 360's that it's putting on the shelves?

The newer models have more advanced systems and better coolers in it.

My Elite which was dated July 2007 RRoD'd on me Oct 2008. It was a pain to get support to accept that an Elite RRoD'd. Supposedly very few Elites have that problem. But, they ended up sending me a box and it was less than a week from my sending it out that I got another one. Sadly, the replacement is dated May 2007 and isn't one of the newer models.

One of my students is now dealing with MS not wanting to replace his FIFTH console to succumb to RRoD. This is also his NINTH!!!! My son's Pro also RRoD'd and pretty much everyone I know (lots of students, maybe over a hundred) has had their non-Elite RRoD.

Back