RTS a viable choice for the wii?

G3n0cide

WiiChat Member
May 11, 2007
Australia
Wii Online Code
3892-2269-1758-4620
Just wondering what you guys would think of bringing a game like Blizzard's newly announced Starcraft 2 to the Wii, this being a viable choice due to the wii mote.

I think it could potentially pull in more of a fan base with wider age brackets being able to use the wii and such and well lets face it, the price tag of the wii is a bonus on top of that.

Anyway, what do YOU think?

Well they didn't make the graphics amazing so it's possible but the 360 is the console with the biggest space for RTS's

I think it would be doable, the problems with the wii's graphics could be worked around by scaling the battles.

For example you could have 1 character on the screen represent 10,20 or 50 men and that way you could in theory have a very large battle without stressing the machine too much. Or for an RTS based on smaller scale battles then i reckon the wii could handle a half dozen tanks, some aircraft and a few dozen blokes running around.

The wii remote could be used to great effect allowing you to drag and drop, draw shapes with which to alter unit formation or group men and also indicate movement and orders.

Its a good idea anyway.

I loved the Age Of Empires .. Sry that it's microsoft..

Back