Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Screenshots

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love Screenshots-1.052009-11-27 22:02:32Maura STecmo Koei has today unveiled fresh details and tons of new screenshots from the forthcoming Sakura Wars Strategy RPG, the first ever game in the popular Sakura Wars series to be released outside of Japan. Published by NIS America and developed by Idea Factory, this new western version of the original 2005 PS2 game is set in 1920s New York, which has been reproduced in full 3D, enabling players to walk around the city and shop, explore, talk to people and carry out research. In an usual twist, your characters are also Broadway musical performers at night, and it’s your job to help them put on the shows and make sure they run smoothly!

According to the developers, Sakura Wars revolutionises the SRPG world by combining Sim elements with the more recognised RPG elements, with the player’s human interactions having a real effect on how the storyline develops as well as on the strengths of the characters in the game. The game will combine three different types of gameplay: Interactive mode to drive the story, Adventure mode to search for new mysteries and characters, and Battle mode to fight enemy forces.

The plot centres around New York City in 1928, which is under attack from demonic beings. A special mechanised battle force called the New York Assault Force is put together to deal with the threat, led by master swordsman Shinjiro Taiga from Japan. Other characters in the team include Gemini Sunrise, a Texas cowgirl, and katana expert, and dancer and brain-box Subaru Kujou.

The 2D anime-art style of the storytelling elements of the game has been inspired by comic book art, whereas the battle scenes are all rendered in dynamic 3D with fully destructible backgrounds. The game is eight chapters long, with each chapter having around five hours of gameplay, and there are six different animated endings to unlock as well as lots of bonus features, including a bonus chapter after you’ve finished the game. Can’t wait to see more of this one, it looks really cool! You can also visit the official website to learn more about the game: http://sakurawars.us/

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love is due for release in Spring 2010.

Back