Saving Games?

NintendoKing said:
Where do they save? sorry i dont no much but can u decide either SD or internally etc?

Saving Virtual Console games or saving info from Wii games? I think for both of them you can use either the console memory or SD. I'm not entirely sure but I think that is the case.

i believe you CANNOT do a backup save on the SD drive

what your essentially doing is loading the game ONTO the SD drive so you can bring it with you everywhere you go in the sd card, HOWEVER it is no longer in your wii's internal memory.

so... you are just pretty much moving your game into the sd card but in no way possible able to move the game from sd back to the wii internal drive.

NOTE:
not really sure if it does 'move' your game from wii to sd or makes a copy, i just wanted to look like i know what i'm saying, :lol: but the rest should be true =] video i saw of someone 'moving' or 'copying' their VC game to an SD had it actually 'moved' since it was no longer in the internal memory screen but showed up only in the SD memory screen, so that is where i assume that it physically 'moves' it and not 'copies'

the game progress is saved in the wii internal memory, you can copy the to the sd card, the virtual console games are saved the same way, but if you copy one to the sd and you erase it from the system memory it'll no longer appear in the wii menu so you have to copy it back to the system memmory to have it like a channel, copiying the virtual console games is relly not necesary, you can erase them and then recover them from the wii shop cahennel for free.

What's the point if you can't use SD cards as a backup!? There is no reason why the saves should be moved instead of copied. I don't want my 80+ hours of Zelda to go down the drain just in case my Wii bites the dust.

In any case, I'm searching for patches, but nothing comes up relating to that. Nintendo better fix this FAST!!!

Back