Saving Progress on VC Games

They're saved to the Wii's internal memory.

By the way, if you didn't know already- on most games, if you press the home button and quit to the Wii's main menu, it'll save your game at the exact point you quit so that when you come back, you can carry on right where you left off.

Thats good to know Napalmbrain. However once you go to the home menu can you take OFF the Wii and then when you turn it back on will it still be where you were when you ended the game before? Or will you start all over again? Is it better to just have the Wii on standby? And if so won't that take up a lot of electricity/energy?

Are you talking about totally killing the power turning it off? I'm pretty sure standby mode uses very little electricity. It sounded like this was a big deal for Nintendo. It amazed me one day to feel the Wii power supply after the console had been on standby during my sleeping hours, that it was no warmer that if it had been off all week! Remember how hot the NES supply used to get? I can't be of any help with the saving issue, I'm still working on getting the stuff to get my Wii online, but this is all an interesting issue for me. Anybody else know anything about the Wii and power consumption?

MasterJedi2U said:
Thats good to know Napalmbrain. However once you go to the home menu can you take OFF the Wii and then when you turn it back on will it still be where you were when you ended the game before? Or will you start all over again? Is it better to just have the Wii on standby? And if so won't that take up a lot of electricity/energy?

Yes, if you use the home button and go all the way out to the Wii menu, then power off your save will be safe and secure. (as a note, it is deleted as soon as you load it again though so you have to use the home key EVERY time)

it doesn't work with all games, though if it doesn't work it'll give you a warning like "exiting to the wii menu will lose all unsaved information" .. i forget which one it did that for me, but one of the games i had to replay a level or 2..

krenshaw said:
it doesn't work with all games, though if it doesn't work it'll give you a warning like "exiting to the wii menu will lose all unsaved information" .. i forget which one it did that for me, but one of the games i had to replay a level or 2..
Tell me your username is from the MST3K episode "Boggy Creek II."

krenshaw said:
no sorry.. just a nickname from college..
How did you get that nickname?

Because in the movie, Krenshaw is a fat, balding slob that wears overalls.

ha.. actually my real name is Kevin, and my friends and i were watching "friday" like sophomore year and one of my friends is a huge guy and his nickname is "debo".. they just kinda gave me that name cause it kinda sounds like "crenshaw blvd" in LA

Back