SD card help!

maybe it's locked o_O

other than that there shouldn't be any problems except maybe having a faulty SD card or wii sd reader/writer.

no it cant be one my computer is reading it the other one says "this Disk is not formatted" when i go to format it says "was unable to format" but the wii wont do crap i can't copy save files onto it or anything but i know reader is fine because i saved a image on to it and it read it

Have you updated your Wii?
Do you have access to a Mac with the latest OS? It'll be easier to repair/format a slightly corrupted SC card on a Mac than a PC. This is what I did to mine, I couldn't get it to work on my PC or Wii, plugged into into a mac, formatted it as a Dos disc and it worked completely fine afterwards.

MysticGohan said:
I got a CoreMicro 2 gig sd card yesterday and i cant save any of my games on it :mad5: :( :( does anyone know how to fix this???

update your wii by connecting to the internet through wi-fi.
i had the same problem when i bought mine.
if that doesn't work, something's either wrong with your SD card or SD card slot.
try using another SD card to determine the problem.

try using the "Search" feature. :smilewinkgrin:

ya... i was assuming that you had already updated your wii ^_^;;

if you haven't update it, also there should be an option on the wii, once it's updated i assume, to format the SD card

I've never had a problem with mine, if you havea digital camera that is compatible with SD, try that, what it seems is that the SD card is just not formatted, and maybe the reason it can't be formatted is because it's locked, I only have 1 SD card and it dosen't have a lock switch on it, but I have gotten loads of similar problems with my flash disks and with floppies back in the day when floppies were the #1 form of writable removable storage

gmdan said:
Just update it...or unlock it... LOL hahhaa:lol:

:shifty:
ok that might be the reason i have no internet on it have to wait for dam nintendo to make dam adapted! :frown2: :mad5:

yo dudes im havin the same problems with 12 gb SD card it works in my Digi Cam and I have updated my Wii and formatted the card but my 8GB Works just fine. Any Help???

MysticGohan said:
ok that might be the reason i have no internet on it have to wait for dam nintendo to make dam adapted! :frown2: :mad5:

Yes, you have to update the console when the browser comes out for it, can't wait *waits impatiently*, I guess you go to the Wii online store and there would be an option to download it

Wii Are the Champions said:
yo dudes im havin the same problems with 12 gb SD card it works in my Digi Cam and I have updated my Wii and formatted the card but my 8GB Works just fine. Any Help???

Perhaps the card is too big to be read by the Wii, some people had the same problem when the 4GB memory stick pro duo came out for the PSP, people had to update

Yes, I believe the max SD card the Wii can hold is 2GB.

It sounds like a locking problem. You haven't said in any of your posts if you're sure it's unlocked or not. The locking "switch" should be facing towards the "top" (where the slant is on the card).

but i know reader is fine because i saved a image on to it and it read it

You've saved an image onto the SD card, or another SD card, or something else?

SD cards are tricky sometimes. Especially particular sizes and formats. Are you hooking it into your computer via USB reader, Printer, Camera etc?

Back