SD card help!

Wii Are the Champions said:
yo dudes im havin the same problems with 12 gb SD card it works in my Digi Cam and I have updated my Wii and formatted the card but my 8GB Works just fine. Any Help???

12 gb , now that's funny

love,
dre

First off you can't use SD cards over 2GB unless they don't use SDHC (which like 99% of them do).

Second, you can't save to a SD card; you can only save to the internal flash memory and then copy it over later.

Third, you must update the Wii for the SD functionality to work properly; this requires an Internet connection.

Fourth, you could have searched the forumns to find these answers cause several other people started threads asking the exact same thing. Here is the link for future reference:
http://www.wiichat.com/search.php

yo dudes im havin the same problems with 12 gb SD card it works in my Digi Cam and I have updated my Wii and formatted the card but my 8GB Works just fine. Any Help???
I assume that card is not compatible, as many cards over 2GB don't work (yet at least). 12 GB though? Probably WAY more than you need. If that 8 GB works, stick with it, as that's already more than most people will ever find a way to fill up.

MysticGohan said:
no it cant be one my computer is reading it the other one says "this Disk is not formatted" when i go to format it says "was unable to format" but the wii wont do crap i can't copy save files onto it or anything but i know reader is fine because i saved a image on to it and it read it
That sounds like you have a problem with the card. I have one like that, where it will read in my external reader and my camera, but not the reader in my laptop. I would just get another card.

Back