SD memory

phiggey no it doesn't and you will probably find that the 7 Gig cards nintendo make will cost far less than a random one

because as with most of the things in this console they are just above production price

^ Im afraid I dont know what you mean. The question of whether nintendo can even produce a 7 gig SD card is a mystery to me. I guess they could always make a large card that just has an SD compatible interface. Maybe the cost in these high capacity (4G) SD cards is from puting all of that storage into something the size of a quarter (thats a medium sized american coin by the way) But anyway, please clarify your statement about "above production price"

phiggey said:
^ Im afraid I dont know what you mean. The question of whether nintendo can even produce a 7 gig SD card is a mystery to me. I guess they could always make a large card that just has an SD compatible interface. Maybe the cost in these high capacity (4G) SD cards is from puting all of that storage into something the size of a quarter (thats a medium sized american coin by the way) But anyway, please clarify your statement about "above production price"
it means they sell it for just a little bit more than what it costs them to make it. And I dont' quite understand the size issue either. I've even opened up an DS card once, the actual storage space it smaller yet, about like a dime cut in half (dime=small american coin)

Ahh, so in other words Nintendo has virtually no mark-up on there products. Again, this is not true - everyone has a markup. It is how they make money. Now nintendo's could be less than competitors, I really dont know, - but they do mark stuff up I would guess by at least 20%

Interesting thoughts on the SD card size. . . I dont know what to think of it. I honestly dont know why I would need 7 gigs of memory on a single card. that only makes it suck that much more when you lose it.

phiggey said:
Interesting thoughts on the SD card size. . . I dont know what to think of it. I honestly dont know why I would need 7 gigs of memory on a single card. that only makes it suck that much more when you lose it.
wow, I can't imagine 7GB on an SD card, that would be tight tho. when the cards get that jam packed w/memory, does the chance of the card going bad increase or the life of the card decrease?

as far as a large gb card vs. several small gb cards, it's all preference. do you want to keep everything on ONE card & not have to juggle several diff. cards when you're looking for your save & risk losing EVERYTHING if you lose the card or it goes bad? or do you want to keep everything spread out on several cards & lose much less if the card disappears? They both have their merits.

Back