Secrets in Flipside Pit of Trials?

scmstrack06

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
I am on level 23 of the pit of 100 trials in flipside. Is there any point in going 3d? are there any secrets? And also every 10 levels shouldnt there be a merchant? I remember there being one in paper mario 2 and 1, and also someone said something about it here.

I gave up around the same point on switching to 3d every level to find secrets, so I can't really comment on that. But the merchant will first show up on level 40. (or atleast it did for me)

the first time he showed up at level 40 for me, now he does every 10 levels.

I haven't played the past SPM's, just tell me is it worth it to do all the 100 trials? (no spoilers, please)

the merchant shows up randomly, the first time i did it, he was on levels 20,40,70,80,90; the second time i did it, he was on levels 50,60,70,80,90. the only 3-D thing that happens is you easily drop to the bottom level. that's about it.

So I spent about an hour getting up to level 65, then I died. This was the third time trying the Pit of 100 Trials. Oh well, I'll have to try it again.

Oh yeah, the merchant in my game doesn't show up any more. What could be the problem?

The only 'secret' that I found by going to 3d was in the room with the singing flower men, there is one that will run away from you and flip if you get near. If you kill him he'll give you an item (that usually sucks)

The merchant is random, he usually only has atmost one healing item anyways so he doesn't help much.
-Dave

Right now im on level 61, and I have 9 Shroom Steaks, and a Super Shroom Shake. What you do is, Go to level 1-2, And buy all the Life shrooms you can from the shop. Then you go back to flipside, and cook them all, then sell them for about double what you paid for the life shrooms at first for. When you get alot of coins, Buy 1 or 2 Ultra Shroom Shakes from the Flopside store, then go back and repeat the coin making process with the life shrooms until you have alot of Ultra Shroom Shakes. Then you cook all your ultra shroom shakes, and go into the pit. And you'll be set.

For good characters to use, I use peach most of the time, because you can use her umbrella to block attacks. This works well with the Amazee dazees because their attacks can go through blocks. When you attack with her, the Method I find best, is when you set Boomer down in front of your enemy, and then put her umbrella on and blow the enemy up. This ensures they wont hurt you. I used bowser for a second when I had a big line of enemys on one section, and I took them out with his flame. Also, he is good for taking out the Dry Bone things, His flame is the only thing that can completly destroy them I think. The only help mario really gave me was when I got the key I could go 3d and easily find the Door. Luigi doesnt help at all really.

Also, I went in with my inventory full of Shroom Steaks. When you find something deep in the pit, like a shroom shake, Dont just throw it out! Throw out one of your shroom steaks, use the item, then grab the shroom steak back. It helped me alot.

Last edited:
you get nothing from any room in the flipside or flopside pit by flipping to 3-D, the merchant is random, and
on the last room you face Wracktail (a zombiefied version of Fracktail, the first boss) this battle is fairly short and it unlocks a chest that contains dashell, a new pixl that gives you the abiltiy to run/dash at a little more than twice your original speed
also, I wouldn't suggest taking on the pit till you have beaten the game. It is so much easier once the game has been completed and you are at a higher level.

if this helped you, then rep is appreciated(click the green mushroom)

You guys are lucky I only got him once on lvl 80. I still beat it at lvl 11. Beat the Flopside at 18 (Came in 14).

use the chef, you'll figure out what ingredient you need on your own, cuz i dont wanna spoil the fun

Stranger said:
use the chef, you'll figure out what ingredient you need on your own, cuz i dont wanna spoil the fun

figured it out, not by myself though, gotta love the internet :wink:

Back