Sega goes back to making consoles

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to qj.net, SEGA is making consoles again.

No leaks, no rumors, no teasers, no frustrated execs. Apart from revamping the Mega Drive in 2009, it seems that Sega has successfully kept itself under the radar about their plans of going back to manufacturing consoles - that is, until now. Electronics news blog Pocket-Lint has the goods on what appears to be the new Sega console.

zone2.jpg

It's called the Sega Zone, and it will launch along with 20 classic Sega titles, plus 30 more for added kicks - all from the publisher. 16 of those will be motion-controlled. For that, the package comes with two black Wiimote-like controllers with pretty much the same function.

zone.jpg

While it's a console in the strictest sense, it doesn't appear to be a legit entry into the 7th gen war, even with its blatant Wii-ness. The Sega Zone is to launch this summer, priced at about £50, or almost US$ 80.
[via Pocket-Lint

I saw this "Zone 40" wii knock off once day in CVS Pharmacy. I LMAO so hard. someone does a review on this crap.

[video=youtube;vVHKOXoeboY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVHKOXoeboY&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
My mom has one of those crappy zone things. I clicked on this thread all excited, then just saddened me that Sega's associating with whoever made that dollar store toy-thing. How the mighty have fallen.

Yeh same here, when i read this on qj.net, i was all excited but then saddened by the disappoint on the stupid rout SEGA is making.
i was looking at those consoles on thee pics and was thinking "wait, haven't i seem those b4?" then it dawned on me after i posted this "oh yeh...those crappy wii knocks i saw at CVS pharmacy"

just like the ultra shitty chintendo vii.

[video=youtube;wed_bW8iiEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wed_bW8iiEw&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

What makes the Vii tick-this is so funny. http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=6843

Last edited:
The type of thing you can get from China.
Was gonna blog about it last night, but wasnt arsed.

Admitely I do want one due to my draw to games related crap

SEGA definitley picked the wrong time to make a console. At this point in time we dont need any more for the next few years. SEGA does still make some nice games though.

This is really no different than the Atari Flashback consoles - they're just simple devices for playing a batch of old games. They're not really back in the real console business (and neither is Atari).

SEGA definitley picked the wrong time to make a console. At this point in time we dont need any more for the next few years. SEGA does still make some nice games though.
They wont be making games for it as its one of those chepo Wii knock offs
This is really no different than the Atari Flashback consoles - they're just simple devices for playing a batch of old games. They're not really back in the real console business (and neither is Atari).
The old Atari went out of business years ago.
The current one is Atari in name only

The following was my reaction to this thread the more I read:

=D
=]
=)
=\
= l
=/
=(
=[
D=
DX

The following was my reaction to this thread the more I read:

=D
=]
=)
=\
= l
=/
=(
=[
D=
DX

ditto. THIS WAS FALSE ADVERTISING! YOU GOT MY HOPES UP FOR NOTHING! DX

joking. i wouldn't buy a Sega console even if it was real, why should i when Segas best stuff is already on and coming to the Wii?

ditto. THIS WAS FALSE ADVERTISING! YOU GOT MY HOPES UP FOR NOTHING! DX

joking. i wouldn't buy a Sega console even if it was real, why should i when Segas best stuff is already on and coming to the Wii?

The last new thing I seen with the name Sega on it that wasn't a game was some crappy portable media player in a prize thing
[video=youtube;vrZCjyhirwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrZCjyhirwA[/video]

Yes it is rubbish

They wont be making games for it as its one of those chepo Wii knock offs
The old Atari went out of business years ago.
The current one is Atari in name only

I know THIS system wont be making games, Im just saying the SEGA company itself still produces decent games for current systems

Back