Sensor Bar Question

Ok... as far as I know the sensor bar only needs to be one size. And, as shown in not so recent pictures, it is slightly longer than an average pen. I do believe I also read somewhere that there will be and adhesive backing. When you start the wii for the first time it will probably just ask you to move the pointer to the far left of the screen, the far right, top, bottom. Then its calibrated! Then later, via a menu, you can redo it if you change tv sizes.

I have no doubt that you will be able to calibrate the motion sensing to your tv. And I hope to god that my having no doubt is true. I have a 100 in. projection screen tv (yes, 100 in! but doesnt have the best quality) and that will no doubt be different than a small portable tv. I'm sure nintendo would have thought about calibration of some sort. That would have been one of the most obvious things when creating a motion sensor for all sizes of tvs.

The motion sensor won't be calibrated to the TV, the IR pointer would be, the motion sensing change would be for big or small movements, the IR most likely will be calibrated through the Wii's internal OS like a light gun. Nintendo has also stated that this will work with small TV all the way up to projection TV's, that is one of the advantages of the sensor bar over the traditional light gun, light guns would send a signal vertically and horizontally the mark each point when it hit the gun and get coordinates, making a flash on-screen, now there are IR sensors on the bar and the Wii senses the controllers position by the relativity to the bar which should mean it could be used for a movie theater screen in theory.

registerednerd said:
Just remember: even if it does come with some kind of adhesive (which I'm sure it will) you can always replace it with Velcro.
yea but then you need to put velcro on any TV you might be using your Wii on. i thought about velcro too. i might use velcro seeing as how im probably not going to be moving my Wii much anyways

You could buy velcro and put the loop side on the bar and then put a strip of the hook side on each TV you are going to use it with...

Back