shall i get a wii?

k9ruby

WiiChat Member
Sep 10, 2007
Hi!

I'm new here and starting to wonder whether or not I should save up to get a wii...I have never been interested in games consoles before, as im useless at using all those buttons, but l think the wii looks fun and I like the fact you actually "do" the things...

I have heard the graphics arnt very good on other sites...but is that really the case?

If I do, wheres the cheapest i can get it from, and what are the "must haves" for it for games/accesories?

Thanks, newbie !!

well i'm a newb myself on this site but i can tell u that u should proble fine a friend that has it or even go to magic mountain, why because a few magic mountains have some to play. its a lot better to play the system first since ur not a gamer but i think it is money well spent but there rn't that many good games so u'll have to wait a while as well

I would say that the graphics aren't bad at all, they just aren't as good as the 360 and PS3. The gameplay is fun, and most likely you will have fun with Wii sports (comes with the console) and there are a few good games out already, but more to come in the next few months. Really I believe it is worth it, but like chikupi said you should try it out first, just to make sure you like it. Best price would probably be found online, but in general if you're in the US it should cost you $250 plus tax at any retailer.

Actually the reason the Wii graphics aren't looking that good so far is the fact almost every single game company bet on the PS3. Now Nintendo has deals with Valve, and the people who made Gears of War. They said the Wii has a lot of graphic potential. Everytime I turn on my Wii I can get that 5-50 minutes of fun everytime, and not feel like I need to turn it on all the time. Don't forget the PS2 won the last gen console wars with the weakest system. History likes to repeat.

Last edited:
Well first off, let me say asking at "WiiChat" if you should get a wii is like going to a Ford Dealership and asking if you should get a Mustang. ;)

That said, no it doesn't have "blow you away" graphics and it's not going to be winning any beauty pagents, but (like the fat girl in highschool) it has INNER beauty..

It has the deepest gameplay and most intuitive control scheme of any console to date. But most importantly, it's fun to play. I have a 360 and good Gaming PC but my Wii is just the funnest system with the best games period.

As for "must haves":

WiiSports (Comes free with the system.)
WiiPlay (Comes with 8 games, and a free WiiMote.)
WarioWare (Very fun, and silly game, and it really introduces you to everything the wiimote can do.)

The system is $249 and comes with 1 wiimote, 1 nunchuck, and a copy of the game WiiSports (which is really fun in it's own right.)

New Games are between $39.99 and $49.99, but can go as low as $29.99 if they're ports (Like Resident Evil 4)

Additional WiiMotes are $29.99 and $19.99 for the nunchuck.

If you don't have a WiFi network in your house, you'll want to buy a USB adapter for $39.99 if you want to go online with you wii.

Back