wii questions

peewii

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
south carolina
Wii Online Code
0503-5246-9878-7605
hi everyone i am new to this forum and won't get my wii till christmas but i have three questions
1.My tv only has a cable input how i can i get a better picture
2.Does the wii connect to roadrunner if so will i have to buy any thing extra i allready have the wireless usb thing for my old computer
3.Does anyone know the cheapest widescreen that has all the graphic capabilities for a wii to have the best graphics?
sorry if this seems stupid lol

peewii said:
my tv dosen't have s cable plug ins it only has the one for cable tv

Get a new TV. If you can't afford that, you'll have to get a convertor. They have a few on the market, you plug in your composite into it, and the output it put through the cable.

peewii said:
hi everyone i am new to this forum and won't get my wii till christmas but i have three questions
1.My tv only has a cable input how i can i get a better picture
2.Does the wii connect to roadrunner if so will i have to buy any thing extra i allready have the wireless usb thing for my old computer
3.Does anyone know the cheapest widescreen that has all the graphic capabilities for a wii to have the best graphics?
sorry if this seems stupid lol

You'll have to get an RF Adapter. It should be composite to coax. I can't seem to locate one online, but check your local radio shack or electronics store. This will not give you a better picture, in fact it is the only way you'll even be able to connect the Wii to your TV.

I would get a wireless router. These are pretty readily available and currently on sale in a lot of places. The Wii is already setup to connect to a wireless router.

Be careful buying the "cheapest" widescreen. You may end up w/ an expensive piece of junk. Do your research and buy what fits your needs/budget. Most TVs these days are able to display 480p just fine. In fact, if you are going for a widescreen HDTV, it will display at least 720p or better.

Who is "Hisense?" I'd stay far away and go w/ a brand that has a track record. There are tons of cheaply made sets out there now. They scare me.

I sold these things long ago.....there's way too much possibility of getting a lemon if you by too cheap.

My suggestion is to buy from Costco if you have a membership. They will take care of you for (I believe it's changed to) one year if you have any problems.

csiguy4u said:
He didn't ask for name brand. . .he asked for the cheapeast one. I wouldn't buy that one myself.

Not sure answering that question is actually doing him any favors though.

Geckotek said:
Not sure answering that question is actually doing him any favors though.

If he wants to go cheap thats his decision. I wouldn't reccommend it. When I end up getting an HDTV I plan on spending around $1000 for a pretty good one. I am not getting the most expensive top of the line, but not a peice of crap either.

So in conclusion. . .while I gave him a suggestion of a super-cheap model, I wouldn't recommend buying it. You really should spend at least $400 for something that won't die in a year and has future expandibility..

Fine then! Be that way! ;)

What do you call a good looking chick in OKC?

A visiting Texan!!!! :smilewinkgrin:

This might be a little off subject and even though im usin a different TV im wondering if i can fix my own TV to support the Wii... Ok, i have an old tv that only has the reception socket and im wondering if i can buy a cable to get AV cables plug into it?

Back