Shippiing wii question

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I might have to ship my wii into the Big N, whenever I put a game in my wii the motor spins louder and louder. Does anyone have a experience with this shipping the wii into Nintendo. like do they transfer the data onto a new wii or do they actually attempt the fix it. Any info would be nice I am clueless.

I just shipped my Wii to them a few weeks ago. They received it a few days ago and I guess they're repairing it now. So I guess I have half-experience.

From all that I've read, if it is a problem that is fixable by replacing a part, tightening something, etc., then they'll fix it. If it isn't like that, they will transfer your data to a new Wii and give you a replacement. Either way, they will do whatever they can to save your data. It would make sense to me if they backed up your data before messing with anything internal, but I'm not sure about that part. I backed up all data that I could before sending my Wii in (game save data mostly). You don't have to worry about VC games because you can just download them again. Well...you shouldn't have to worry about anything at all. If Nintendo didn't care about your data, they wouldn't have such a highly rated customer service.

I hope that helped!

I had mine fixed for a similar problem.

If it isn't too late print out your name and address and tape it to both sides of your Wii .. .. .. I did and I got mine back again (to be fair the stories of the wrong Wii being returned get more coverage than the stories of people having no problems).

If they do happen to send the wrong Wii back (or a brand new one) you will lose all your save data but they can authorise your download account to the new machine so you won't lose access to all the VC and Wiiware content you've paid for.

Back