Shoes off in the house?

mr_resi

AKA:Skarecrow
Dec 27, 2006
Stuck in the Magical Soda Machine
Wii Online Code
1491-5330-6997-9229
I was watching a TV show recently and it has come to my attention that not all cultures take their shoes off when entering the home. So my question is where are YOU from and is it customary to take your shoes off when entering a home? ( Note: I'm referring specifically to homes not offices or restaurants ext.)

I'm from Ontario, Canada

And we take our shoes when we get in the door.

well see my friend penny lived in ireland for awhile and there they leaves their boots on dripping from the snow ... but that's a custom from a time when disease was so rampant that it made good sense :)

in newfoundland, shoes off in the house, rubber boots on in the cabin!

i live in tennesee and its customary that we take our shoes off when entering the house unless were rushing

i dont care if my shoes have poop from a cow. Ima where them..

In New Zealand we leave our shoes on but Ive got friends who come over and take their shoes off when they come in. I guess for us, its more of a if you can be bothered to you can.

quick questions what were you watching?
im thinking maybe shameless. but not sure if it previewed by that time or not.

I don't think he has been active for a long time.

where I live it varies from house to house.

yeah just noticed.
i think its generally accpeted just depends on the people who a) own the house and b) coming into the house

i always take my shoes of when i go into anyones house.
but some tell me i dont need to but i do anyway cause i was raised that its politer. and i feel more comfortable

i love it when dying topics pick up steam. i think all over the world it really depends on the home, what quality the floor is. someone with hardwood floors that haven't been retouched in decades wouldn't give a damn about shoes on in the house.

Back