moving out

mushroomedmario said:
yeah i think i got those covered, it'll be relatively near the restaurant where i work at and i get a discount

we get along pretty well i guess, and we have no problem lending money to each other and what not
and i don't mind eating rice-cheap yet good
net connection-i assumed this came with the monthly fee
electric-yeah i think i got that covered
furniture-i'll jsut take the stuff from my room, that should be enough

So your gona eat take out for every meal ?

Definitely a good idea to save up atleast $1000. Moving into a new apartment can cost quite a bit. Check into apartment specials first, some of them in the US have like $99 move in specials. Also, I don't know what the legal age of majority is in Canada but you will most likely have to have that met to sign a lease.

mushroomedmario said:
oh cool so you got your future nailed down
..i just go with the flow

This is where you go wrong. You should move out when you have a steady job and know even IF you get fired you will have enough money to live on your own for another year or so or able to find a equal or better job. Theres a chance *go d forbid* that something may happen to your parents house that you cannot move back. Just think it through. Wait another year maybe so your legal anyway. I wish the best of luck to you. But those are my 2 cents

idn but my brothers have a house too, so if something god forbid happens to my paren'ts house i can jsut live there

plus im' not dumb enough to get fired...they just voluntarilly gave me a raise too, so unless i do something really hardcore dumb, they won't fire me..

Yeah, thats why i was saying im afraid to go with the flow, i dont think its a very smart decision when it comes to your career.

meh a co-worker of mine and my brother are in the same pyramid, my brother isn't making anything but my co-worker is making a lot of money, allthough my brother dosn't really care....like me he goes with the flow

You dont seem so sure about your future. This is why I dont encourage you to go on your own. You'll know when the time is right. Yeah your parents are annoying but hey, free food. No bills(except cellular). Milk it for another few years. Theres no race. I am not trying to offend you or put you down or even think of you as childish but even from this thread and what your saying makes me feel you are not ready yet. I hope you put this into consideration

i'm doing it for the living experience mostly, i don't plan on living there for a long time(4 years tops) so when i'm actually serious about moving out into a a better apartment/house i know what's up ahead

true like you said i may not be ready, but i'm doing this so i can be ready in the future

Thats a good way to look at it. But you gotta allways think about the worst scenario. Like you said "Ill just join a pyramid scam" See this isnt a great plan because people who do pyramid schemes are usually bums and drug addicts (No offence to your brother and friend) But that isnt a great way to make money if you somehow lost your job. I suggest looking around for better jobs, maybe learn a trade. Experience life on your own if you want, It might make you stronger or you may beable to hold your own. Only one way to find out.

Back