moving out

you shouldn't base a life altering decision based on the opinions of people who don't know you. You should also think about how this decision is going to affect those around you.

argh i would have enough cash....allright im going to save 1000 dollars prior, i'm pretty sure dakuda ****ed up in his life, but my brother made the same amount of money as i am now and he was okay living on his own, even had enough to go drinking every weekend and bought a wii

the fact is i'm going to save 1000 dollars prior to moving out and have two jobs where i'll probably make even more than i initially thought

i don't think money is an issue, plus if i see myself getting low on cash i'll just work extra hours, my work won't have a problem with that

i'm going to go for it

i'll probably move out in september

well my main reason for this thread was to get answers for these two questions

what age did you do so?
anyone here move out while still going to high school?

so i can see if people were successful or not and to hear stories like the ones you just put on here

but everyone shifted the attention to me, and i took a part in that too

sorry for ignoring you, i realise your helping me and just don't want to see a bum on the streets lol

but just to elt you know, i was kidding about the lease thing

i see your logic with the post about adding 30% cause i'm always goign to favour the cheap side of things too much which is good, but i think i'll be making plenty of money once i get my second job

bills(rent)>food>saving more money up>spend on myself(like wii games)

i think i'm responsible to handle this, my one brother only lasted 2 months on his own with a roomy and my other brother lasted like 2 years

my one brother spent money on his self, while my other brother pays his bills first

this is what i plan on doing and i think i'm going to be fine...the only problem is if my roomey will do the same, which i think i can make sure he does

but thanks a lot for your advice dakuda....and everyone that posted here

I'm 17 in 9 days and have no plans of moving out. Luckily I get along well with my parents (though they can get a little clingy) and can enjoy the free rent, food and be provided with great facilities. Even next year when I start Chemical Engineering at uni, I'll probably stay at home (Rental property prices in Perth atm are outrageous).

As for your situation I hope it works out well for you what ever path you choose. Make sure you think every aspect of your plan through thoroughly and don't push away the helpfull advice of others.

I have to agree with Dakuda here though, there's lots of debts you'll be getting into. I've had this conversation with my mum, not wanting me to move out, I'll move out in my own time, and I'm not going anywhere being 16. But, anyway, we have one year free accomodation in university so there'll be no point.

Think of what you have to do, have you really thought it out? There's lots of people in the world who wished that they had spent more time with their parents, solitude isn't that great either, fair enough if you're going to live in a city, but no one will be there for you to just chat to whilst watching the television.

Okay, I said to my mum that I'd only have to pay electricity and stuff, but there's other expenses, I don't know how different it is in your country but I'm sure you'd have to pay for a TV liscence, and, y'know, internet connection. If something unsuspected happens, like your drain pipes explode I really wouldn't want to pay the people with money I've just scraped by to pay my rent.

Rental prices are sketchy here, but I don't know about you, but there's things you can't buy away with money. Say if you get an unruly neighbour, how will you deal with it? Constantly annoying you, disturbing your studies, maybe you'll like living in that house in the middle of nowhere, with the comfort of people who'd do anything for you. Most of the time, your parents are right, and I suppose they know what's best for you, they know your personality. In fact, you should just get everyone to move out with friends for a month and see how it goes being lonely.

But, if you do move out and it suites you, it could be a revolutionary change; it'd still make you damn poor though.

Back