should i or shouldnt i????

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
ok i am going to ask a very simple question as a Dad who has the wii all waiting for the kids to tear inbto on Xmas day. Why do you have to link to the internet....ok I understand the options that this opens up but at the start of use do you really need to seek updates to firmware etc or can you just use it staright away 'out of the box'....basically I do not want to end up in a situation where (as it seems others are having afew problems) we end up with an expensive piece of kit that cannot be used over the festive season......advice appreciated

you dont need the internet if you dont want it you just cant use the online channels

but wot about firmaware updates? is this essential to the system. Its just that it sounds like afew on here have been having probs with their routers and then after updating probs with their wii's.....surely noyt another case of the apple ipod firmware updates????

the only thing the updates do is add new channels and do something to the blue led in the disc slot my cousin got his and hasent been on the internet and it works fine im gettin mine on xmas day and i wont have a router till the end of febuary

oooh yes.....if you dont have your wii connected to the internet nothing will happen, because just imagine someone buying a 250 wii system and not having internet.... so they would basicly just throw their money away to the trash... so there is no point of the wii HAVING to connect to the internet. you may only want it to play and that's it so, my friend there is not problem for your wii not being connect it to the wall.... :thumbsup:

Back